Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Which DD Lite Forearm?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • lawaia
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2008
    • 2083

    Which DD Lite Forearm?

    I have a CMMG 16" Mid-Length MedCon upper that I want to install a DD Lite Rail on. My question is, which length of DD Lite Rail would you choose for this application? Also, would you keep the standard front sight, or go lo-pro gas block and mount a folding sight on the forearm? Gas block exposed, or covered by the forearm? I want something that is functional, and also makes the rifle look "balanced".

    The bottom rifle is the one I'm talking about. Everything else will remain the same, except I have an Aimpoint Comp ML3 w/ LaRue Cantilever mount on order. I will also be adding folding BUIS.

    Thanks.

  • #2
    jandmtv
    Calguns Addict
    • Oct 2007
    • 5800

    Its preference really, I have a 9" DD rail on my 16" middy CMMG MedCon, and I have a YHM flip up FSB




    But if you like the look of the rail covering the FSB, then by all means, go for it.
    Last edited by jandmtv; 09-26-2008, 5:15 PM.
    Looking for RPR or Precision Rifle Accessories? Check out Anarchy Outdoors. http://www.anarchyoutdoors.com?afmc=1w

    Comment

    • #3
      lawaia
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2008
      • 2083

      A little Photoshop cheesyness, and voila!!! This is probably how my rifle will look, sans the backwards Aimpoint (I had to flip it to point in the right direction).

      Comment

      • #4
        aplinker
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Feb 2007
        • 16762

        That's a DD 12.0

        jandm actually has a 9.0.

        You could do a 9.0 with your FSB, an FSP-M lite rail that covers the bottom and sides of the FSB, or replace the FSB with a lo-pro and do a 12.0 and cover it.

        It depends on your parameters. There's a lot to be said for a standard FSB. You can also do a folding sight gas block with a 12.0 FSP-M.

        Google Map of OLL Dealers

        List of CA-friendly Manufacturers, Dealers, Middlemen, and Magazine rebuild kit dealers
        Click me-->So you're a n00b and you want to build an AR? <--Click me
        This post is based on actual events. Some facts may be altered for dramatic purposes. All posts are pure opinion. All persons, living and dead, are purely coincidental, and should not be construed.

        Comment

        • #5
          lawaia
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2008
          • 2083

          Originally posted by uclaplinker
          That's a DD 12.0

          jandm actually has a 9.0.

          You could do a 9.0 with your FSB, an FSP-M lite rail that covers the bottom and sides of the FSB, or replace the FSB with a lo-pro and do a 12.0 and cover it.

          It depends on your parameters. There's a lot to be said for a standard FSB. You can also do a folding sight gas block with a 12.0 FSP-M.
          You're right. It is a 12.0. I am thinking of that over a Vltor Low Pro gas block. I was looking at the 10.0, but they seem to be hard to find, and I don't think it would completely cover the gas block. I will also add either Troy or A.R.M.S. folding Buis front and rear.

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1