Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

BUIS Question...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • James R.
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2006
    • 774

    BUIS Question...

    So I'm gathering more parts and need back up iron sites. I settled on the ARMS 40L (Low Profile) for the rear sight, but I don't know what to do for the front sight.

    The guy who sold me the 40L warned that I should be careful in selecting the front sight as he has heard of combinations which didn't work out elevation wise.

    I think ultimately I'm going with either the Rock River A4 Varmint upper or the DPMS Varmint upper, both of which are flat top A3 type configurations which have a rail on the gas block. I assume there's no standard for the elevation of the gas block so any front sight I mount is going to be at the mercy of the gas block design.

    Does anyone know of a front sight they're certain will work properly with the ARMS 40L and an upper like the RRA A3 Varmint?

    Regards,

    James R.
  • #2
    PLINK
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2006
    • 1773

    No certainty here but some front sights to look at.



    YHM has a front flip sight at to different heights. I have a front flip YHM sight on a railed gas block and my rear sight is a DPMS (non-flip) on a Flat top upper. I could take some measurements for you if you like.
    Attached Files

    Comment

    • #3
      James R.
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2006
      • 774

      Originally posted by PLINK
      No certainty here but some front sights to look at.



      YHM has a front flip sight at to different heights. I have a front flip YHM sight on a railed gas block and my rear sight is a DPMS (non-flip) on a Flat top upper. I could take some measurements for you if you like.
      Yeah I looked at those, I just wonder how everything is going to measure up. It's not like all these manufs give detailed drawings. It makes me wonder if there isn't a standard. most of the railed gas blocks I see have the rail below the level of the rail on the A3 upper. I wonder if this, "drop from the upper" is a standardized thing. If so then everyone should just make their flip up front site the same height and it all works out. I don't want to have the front sight post screwed to some extreme to get zero.

      Regards,

      James R.

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1