Ok, so I am starting to make a list and save my money for an AR15 build. The main points about it are that I plan on using a Crosshill Technologies upper and keep it featureless. The charging handle I want to be on the right side because I plan on getting an AK and M1 later down the road. Well I have been pondering two different reload methods and would like opinions on them. Lastly I plan on using this rifle for range, training courses and possibly competition later on. Method 2 came to mind because I figured since I can't grip it like a pistol bringing it back seems like it would be a bit quicker.
Reload Method 1:
Check Chamber
Drop mag
Pull rifle closer with the muzzle pointing skyward
Weak hand inserts new mag
Weak hand racks bolt by going under the magazine
Shoulder rifle and acquire sights
Reload Method 2:
Check Chamber
Drop mag
Tilt rifle 90 degrees and use weak hand to keep rifle shouldered
Firing hand comes off pistol grip to insert new mag
Firing hand racks bolt and returns to grip
Tilt rifle back 90 degrees to acquire sights
Reload Method 1:
Check Chamber
Drop mag
Pull rifle closer with the muzzle pointing skyward
Weak hand inserts new mag
Weak hand racks bolt by going under the magazine
Shoulder rifle and acquire sights
Reload Method 2:
Check Chamber
Drop mag
Tilt rifle 90 degrees and use weak hand to keep rifle shouldered
Firing hand comes off pistol grip to insert new mag
Firing hand racks bolt and returns to grip
Tilt rifle back 90 degrees to acquire sights
