Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Frangible Ammo

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • badshot
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2008
    • 544

    Frangible Ammo

    I understand that you can shoot AR15's at Bullseye as long as you use Frangible ammo. Can anyone tell me what I can expect to pay for this ammo in .223?
  • #2
    randy
    In Memoriam
    • Nov 2006
    • 4642

    It's not as expensive as what they will charge you for it. Check out www.ammoman.com they have the stuff quite often.

    Some frangible ammo has a copper jacket some is all sintered metal.

    Shooting your rifle at an indoor range is kind of lame unless it's a function test.
    I move slow but I make up for it by shooting poorly.

    When I hit the lotto I'm only shooting factory.

    Comment

    • #3
      Soldier415
      Calguns Addict
      • Feb 2007
      • 9537

      Originally posted by randy
      It's not as expensive as what they will charge you for it. Check out www.ammoman.com they have the stuff quite often.

      Some frangible ammo has a copper jacket some is all sintered metal.

      Shooting your rifle at an indoor range is kind of lame unless it's a function test.

      The stuff Ammoman advertises as frangible is NOT frangible. We have had many problems with people trying to use it on the range, and it is the reason that no frangible ammo other than the stuff we sell is allowed on the range.
      Originally posted by harmoniums
      Absolutely, I've refused sale before.
      My gut is good for two things, making poo and spotting crazy
      Originally posted by bwiese
      Do not get your legal advice from Forest Rangers or Sheriffs: that's like getting medical advice from your plumber.

      Comment

      • #4
        AdamM
        Senior Member
        • Jun 2008
        • 850

        Originally posted by Soldier415
        The stuff Ammoman advertises as frangible is NOT frangible. We have had many problems with people trying to use it on the range, and it is the reason that no frangible ammo other than the stuff we sell is allowed on the range.
        How much is it at bullseye?

        Comment

        • #5
          PolishMike
          Calguns Addict
          • Nov 2007
          • 6034

          Originally posted by Soldier415
          The stuff Ammoman advertises as frangible is NOT frangible. We have had many problems with people trying to use it on the range, and it is the reason that no frangible ammo other than the stuff we sell is allowed on the range.
          So this isnt frangible?
          Artist formally known as CEO of Tracy Rifle and Pistol

          Comment

          • #6
            Soldier415
            Calguns Addict
            • Feb 2007
            • 9537

            Originally posted by PolishMike
            So this isnt frangible?
            If it is Federal and says frangible then I would assume so.

            I was referring to this stuff which they had listed as frangible:





            They no longer do so. I can imagine because they received angry calls from range owners with torn up backstops & traps.
            Originally posted by harmoniums
            Absolutely, I've refused sale before.
            My gut is good for two things, making poo and spotting crazy
            Originally posted by bwiese
            Do not get your legal advice from Forest Rangers or Sheriffs: that's like getting medical advice from your plumber.

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1