Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

AR Purchase

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FUBAR
    Senior Member
    • May 2010
    • 2453

    AR Purchase

    Next purchase is gonna be an AR. I thought about building one but didn't want to go through the hassle. I decided on a S&W M&P15T as it seemed to be a good deal at under $1000. Then I was at my LGS and they had a Daniel Defense M4V7. Now this was a very nice rifle but it costs $400 more. Now the DD is Mil Spec and all but is it worth the extra cost? Mostly for range trips with my buddies and to scratch my AR itch.
  • #2
    Mossy Man
    Calguns Addict
    • Jun 2011
    • 7641

    Just for range use?

    If money is an issue, get a sport for $600.

    Spend the rest on ammo

    If money isn't an issue, get the one that looks the coolest.

    Comment

    • #3
      FUBAR
      Senior Member
      • May 2010
      • 2453

      Originally posted by Mossy Man
      Just for range use?

      If money is an issue, get a sport for $600.

      Spend the rest on ammo

      If money isn't an issue, get the one that looks the coolest.
      That would be the DD M4V7.
      Last edited by FUBAR; 09-01-2014, 6:11 PM.

      Comment

      • #4
        nate76239
        Senior Member
        • May 2013
        • 1635

        A lot of the DD free float rail systems are over $300. The DD barrel is also hammer forged and the M&P says 4140 steel, that's probably about it.

        Comment

        • #5
          FUBAR
          Senior Member
          • May 2010
          • 2453

          I read all about the 4140 vs 4150 stuff. The M&P15T barrel also has a melonite finish which I hear is a good thing.

          Comment

          • #6
            Chewbaca
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2012
            • 2686

            A 500$ psa rifle or a 1400$ dd rifle ... I bet you'll still shoot the same groups

            Comment

            • #7
              NATEWA
              Calguns Addict
              • Jun 2012
              • 5977

              My bro has that the mp15 tactical. He likes it - no problems. He uses at the range, that's it. He goes 2-3 times a year. He made some upgrades - rail covers, red dot, vertical and pistol grip and new muzzle brake.

              Comment

              • #8
                AreWeFree
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2013
                • 4558

                Originally posted by Chewbaca
                A 500$ psa rifle or a 1400$ dd rifle ... I bet you'll still shoot the same groups
                I strongly disagree. Every rifle will shoot differently and have a bias towards specific ammo.

                It's not all about money either, however I do suspect the $500 psa (only 500? full rifle, you sure? ) will lack some quality and the nice upgrades you get from a DD.


                Get the Daniel Defense, it's worth every penny and you wont regret it.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Mossy Man
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Jun 2011
                  • 7641

                  Originally posted by FUBAR
                  That would be the DD M4V7.
                  Go get it.

                  I firmly believe if you don't like your rifle 100% you won't want to shoot it

                  I've a bunch of guns I never shot much because I didn't "love" them. Ended up selling them all and only kept the ones I enjoy shooting

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    FUBAR
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2010
                    • 2453

                    Daniel Defense it is...now I gotta sell something...

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      FUBAR
                      Senior Member
                      • May 2010
                      • 2453

                      So decided on the following two from Daniel Defense; M4 V7 or M4 V11. What are your opinions on the keymod?

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        AreWeFree
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jan 2013
                        • 4558

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          kcheung2
                          Veteran Member
                          • Aug 2012
                          • 4387

                          S&W vs DD, chrome lining vs melonite, keymod vs not keymod, you're hitting on all the "Ford vs Chevy" arguments tonight!
                          ---------------------
                          "There is no "best." If there was, everyone here would own that one, and no other." - DSB

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            BigPimping
                            CGN Contributor
                            • Feb 2010
                            • 21487

                            Buy what you like. Don't buy Sony if you want RCA.........
                            sigpic

                            PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

                            When pimping begins, friendship ends.

                            Don't let your history be a mystery

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Sunday
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Jan 2010
                              • 5574

                              The Daniel Defense has higher quality"machine gun quality steel alloy and build procedures as compared to bolt action alloy steel and build procedures " The difference is about triple the life. for about the same cost.
                              California's politicians and unionized government employees are a crime gang that makes the Mexican drug cartels look like a Girl Scout Troop in comparison.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1