Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

featureless ARX100 done

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ke6guj
    Moderator
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Nov 2003
    • 23725

    featureless ARX100 done

    picked up my ARX100 today and got it set up the way I want it. I prefer featureless rifles over maglocked (especially on a gun that has FIVE magazine releases). swapped out the Flash hider for a muzzle brake, made a grip wrap with a couple bucks in kydex, used a block of wood and a small screw to disable the folding/collapsing portions of the stock.

    Primary Arms 1-6x on Larue QD mount. Magpul MBUS sights instead of the Beretta sights.

    It may look bulky but it is actually very comfortable to hold.

    Attached Files
    Jack



    Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

    No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
  • #2
    NORCAL#1
    Senior Member
    • May 2010
    • 678

    Man and I didn't want to buy any more rifles after the new year with the long gun registration this one is very tempting!!! Where did you get it and what was the price?

    Nice setup as we'll

    Comment

    • #3
      ke6guj
      Moderator
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Nov 2003
      • 23725

      got mine at 2A zone, was $1775.
      Jack



      Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

      No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

      Comment

      • #4
        Mutenri
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2013
        • 603

        especially on a gun that has FIVE magazine releases
        What? I don't know a thing about ARX100. Could you elaborate?

        Comment

        • #5
          ke6guj
          Moderator
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Nov 2003
          • 23725

          Originally posted by Mutenri
          What? I don't know a thing about ARX100. Could you elaborate?



          the ARX is an almost 100% ambidextrious rifle, safety on both side, AR15-position mag release on both sides and an AK-style mag release on the bottom. in addition if you push up on the bolt hold-opens (ambi as well) they are also connected to the mag release mechanisim. so, 5 mag releases.

          in addition, the bolt handle can be swapped without tools to either side and ejection can be swapped to either side with just a bullet tip.
          Jack



          Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

          No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

          Comment

          • #6
            Ferrum
            Janitors Mop
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Aug 2011
            • 4431

            Nice! And nice work!

            Comment

            • #7
              MrPlink
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Mar 2010
              • 12532

              Im just waiting for the guy with 5 functional maglocks on an ARX
              The California Moderate Centrist Militia member in exile

              disclaimer:
              everything I post is for arguendo and entertainment purposes only, and should not be construed to be legal advice

              Comment

              • #8
                Anthracis
                Banned
                • Jan 2014
                • 966

                I don't know if I like the ARX. Why so many mag releases? It's like someone tried too hard on this one...it may grow on me in a while. Hmmmmmmm...I don't know. A lot of plastic too.

                Comment

                • #9
                  jarhead714
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Dec 2012
                  • 9666

                  Not my bag but it's not a 16 inch AR so points for originality.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Oceanbob
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Jun 2010
                    • 12720

                    Thanks for the photos Jack!

                    I actually DROSed my Beretta ARX from Jamie at 2a Zone as well. I happened to be there when they delivered them. I had heard of this rifle from people who attended SHOT and never intended to buy one until I unzipped the Beretta Case and took a hard 'look'. Wow, lightweight, 3rd generation and it points well.

                    1. It is piston driven. Doesn't need lube; ran 10,000 rounds between cleaning in tests. Several Countries have adopted this plastic machine (called the Beretta 160) in their lineup.

                    2. A real important bonus is you can remove the barrel in 5 seconds. The barrel is CHF and chrome lined. Push two buttons and it slides out......

                    3. .300 blackout barrels are available shortly, among other caliber conversions that Beretta has coming.

                    4. You can push a button and she will eject right or left. The bolt has two extractors.

                    5. You can lever the Bolt Handle to the left side or right side in seconds.

                    6. Ambi safety of course

                    7. She has a two position Gas Block for the Piston system. S for standard military 5.56 and N for lower powered Wolf, Tula...etc. tests show she runs 100 percent. Easy to rotate that knob too.

                    8. I've decided to follow Jacks ideas and go featureless. Working on that now.
                    (Thanks for doing this Jack!)

                    Photos when finished. Still hung over from a wedding I attended last night..

                    9. Yeah, I own a bunch of preban AR mags.

                    10. Did I mention how light and handy she is to hold and carry? I am an AR guy but I really like this Rifle.



                    I think, Mexican Drug Enforcement....just a guess.^^^




                    With some effort BBs are possible. Remove a small part disables all but this one.



                    If you want to keep a BB and the folding stock, you have to add this flash hider to get the OAL to 30 inches with the stock folded. (BL 20)

                    May the Bridges I burn light the way.

                    Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

                    Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      defcon
                      Vendor/Retailer
                      • Aug 2011
                      • 3006

                      nice

                      ill be getting a .22 version

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Jimi Jah
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Jan 2014
                        • 19303

                        How much does it weigh?

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          joefrank64k
                          @ the Dark End of the Bar
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 10124

                          Looks cool, thanks for sharing!
                          You will never, in your life, have a chance like this again.
                          If I were you, I would not pass this up. I would not let this go by...this is rare.
                          Come on...what harm??

                          joefrank64k 251/251 100% iTrader?

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            ke6guj
                            Moderator
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Nov 2003
                            • 23725

                            Originally posted by Jimi Jah
                            How much does it weigh?
                            It was just over 7 lbs with the gripwrap and stock block in it. ~8.5 with the scope on it.

                            got it roughly zeroed today at the range, man, I can't wait until Gieselle comes out with a trigger for it. Its a heavy trigger, but it does break real nice. there is no creep in it or even take up. You just put 8# on it and it breaks.
                            Jack



                            Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

                            No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              bsg
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Jan 2009
                              • 25954

                              congrats.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1