Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Stupid question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • HAVOC5150
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2009
    • 1667

    Stupid question

    I bought a Larue PredatAR and it didn't come with any sights. I figure you spend that much on a rifle they'd come with sights. Any reasoning why it didn't come with them?
  • #2
    kalieracer
    Veteran Member
    • May 2008
    • 2987

    It's a LaRue and they figured you would run a scope. They don't include any sights on their Predat or OBR series guns.

    "Gawd, asks a qustion, gets two good answers, denies/ still doesn't get it.

    This is the kinda person that shouldn't be building things- go store bought.
    Bill Wiese"

    Comment

    • #3
      ocabj
      Calguns Addict
      • Oct 2005
      • 7924

      Originally posted by kalieracer
      It's a LaRue and they figured you would run a scope. They don't include any sights on their Predat or OBR series guns.
      They're not figuring you're going to run a scope.

      They're figuring you'll pick whatever sighting system on your own, whether it's a scope, red dot, reflex, iron sights, or some combination of them.

      Getting sights included on a flattop AR like this are going to be a waste since there are so many different ways people configure sighting systems, that often, most people end up wanting different iron sights for their specific application.

      Distinguished Rifleman #1924
      NRA Certified Instructor (Rifle and Metallic Cartridge Reloading) and RSO
      NRL22 Match Director at WEGC

      https://www.ocabj.net

      Comment

      • #4
        purer00r
        CGSSA Leader
        • Mar 2014
        • 1479

        -------------
        Last edited by purer00r; 10-26-2014, 5:05 PM.
        Stay Safe and on Target:
        Save a tree, shoot Steel



        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          purer00r
          CGSSA Leader
          • Mar 2014
          • 1479

          ------------
          Last edited by purer00r; 10-26-2014, 5:05 PM.
          Stay Safe and on Target:
          Save a tree, shoot Steel



          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            Flintlock Tom
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2007
            • 3353

            Most distributors used to say "Optics ready" in their ads, (meaning "there aint none") but, I guess they figured everyone knew a modular system has too many options to guess what everyone wants.
            I used to complain that some vendors advertised a "Complete Upper" that doesn't include a BCG.
            "Complete?"
            "Everyone must determine for themselves what level of tyranny they are willing to tolerate.
            I let my CA residency expire in 2015."

            Comment

            • #7
              d sauce
              Member
              • Oct 2010
              • 439

              LWRC gives you some foldable BUIS, at least through RifleGear's website they do. I'm with you OP, for that price-tag they charge you, it'd be nice to receive it "ready to shoot" out of the box.

              Who am I kidding though, I'd love to be able to afford either of those branded rifles.

              Comment

              • #8
                purer00r
                CGSSA Leader
                • Mar 2014
                • 1479

                --------------.
                Last edited by purer00r; 10-26-2014, 5:06 PM.
                Stay Safe and on Target:
                Save a tree, shoot Steel



                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  Anthracis
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2014
                  • 966

                  Completely incomplete.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    SB1964
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 2012
                    • 4876

                    Now you can shop for their sights! I chose Larues QD mounted Aimpoint t1. You're only 300$ to 3 thousand from being done!
                    Yes I took the pic, no I didn't go swimming!

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      purer00r
                      CGSSA Leader
                      • Mar 2014
                      • 1479

                      --------------.
                      Last edited by purer00r; 10-26-2014, 5:06 PM.
                      Stay Safe and on Target:
                      Save a tree, shoot Steel



                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        JackRydden224
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Aug 2011
                        • 7229

                        There are too many different sights available so instead of including sights most people don't want and charge for them most companies just decided that you can go get your own. The ACR comes with Magpuls but I would much rather they give me $50 off because I'd be putting some Troys on them.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Kilber
                          Member
                          • Apr 2013
                          • 441

                          From the LaRue website:

                          "(Iron Sights, Optics and QD mounts not included in price)"

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Kilber
                            Member
                            • Apr 2013
                            • 441

                            Originally posted by purer00r
                            Ohh ya, there are never really stupid questions.
                            You're right, just stupid people asking questions

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              amgc36
                              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                              • Oct 2012
                              • 109

                              Caveat emptor. Some ARs come with sights that are good, some come with crappy ones and some without. Who knows what the end user will want? I have two Larues and did not expect them to come with sights.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1