Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

AR-57

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Rough Gear Review
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2012
    • 731

    AR-57

    So I bought a few lowers in December just because of the upcoming registration but I realized I really didn't want anymore AR's. I already have 4 and had just got rid of one. So I started looking into other rifles to build out of them.

    The first was the AR-57.

    The upper is a second gen from AR57. Magpul stock, grip, trigger guard, afg and flip up sights. 10 round magazine from AR57. Trijicon RMR with high mount so the flip up sights co-witness. Bullet button for AR57 from raddlock and I even put a bullet button on the lower just to be safe.

    I'm stoked with it, no recoil, accurate and fun. Now I just need more ammo.





    West Coast Weaponworks
    Certified Cerakote & Engraving
    07 FFL
    4855 Ruffner St. Suite D
    San Diego, CA 92111
    619-251-1363
    www.SanDiegoGunGraphics.com
  • #2
    Gutz
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    • Jan 2013
    • 4127

    Nice!!! Is there a bullet button for these as well? How does that work?
    1A - 2A= -1A :(

    Comment

    • #3
      Rough Gear Review
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2012
      • 731

      The top rail comes off and exposes the magazine release which is an ambidextrous handle, magazine catch and a spring. Replace the magazine catch with the one from raddlock and remove the handle then put everything back together. Pretty simple.

      West Coast Weaponworks
      Certified Cerakote & Engraving
      07 FFL
      4855 Ruffner St. Suite D
      San Diego, CA 92111
      619-251-1363
      www.SanDiegoGunGraphics.com

      Comment

      • #4
        hcbr
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2010
        • 4733

        Nice OP , looks great! i've been thinking of getting an upper to go with another build/lower i have on hand, besides my PS90 can be lonely at times and must be accompanies by another rifle/gun in the same caliber lol
        Be the change that you wish to see in the world.Mahatma Gandhi

        "A bullet sounds the same in every language..."
        ― Stewie Griffin (Family Guy Episode: Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story 2005)

        Comment

        • #5
          audiophil2
          Senior Member
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Jan 2007
          • 8736

          They are pretty nice uppers. Here is my 12".
          I have sold a few of the 16" and 12" uppers to Calgunners.

          sigpic


          Private 10 acre range rentals
          [/URL]

          Comment

          • #6
            mt417
            Member
            • Sep 2013
            • 280

            Very interesting... what purpose does the 5.7 serve?

            EDIT: Oh, to replace 9mm?

            Comment

            • #7
              starsnuffer
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2011
              • 2212

              5.7 was originally designed as a PDW round capable of penetrating body armor. The NATO specification was that the round could be used interchangeably in sub guns and pistols. The 5.7 was developed for FN's P90 and 5.7 pistol. The only competitor was the 4.6mm developed by HK used in the MP7 and defunct UCP pistol. The weapon system was never adopted by NATO as a package, but the cartridges and weapons linger on.

              5.7 NATO ammo is not legal in the US due to it's armor piercing capabilities, the civilian load is different.

              -W

              Comment

              • #8
                MrPlink
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Mar 2010
                • 12532

                5.7 is purely a fun round (albeit expensive) for civis. Its efficacy sans the penetration of an AP bullet is severely diminished.
                The California Moderate Centrist Militia member in exile

                disclaimer:
                everything I post is for arguendo and entertainment purposes only, and should not be construed to be legal advice

                Comment

                • #9
                  GunWhore75
                  Member
                  • Jan 2014
                  • 141

                  Might not look like it, but it is a perfectly legal AR57 pistol. And it is a blast!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    opie4386
                    Senior Member
                    • Apr 2012
                    • 1336

                    Try the AR-180/AR-18

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Rough Gear Review
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2012
                      • 731

                      Originally posted by GunWhore75
                      Might not look like it, but it is a perfectly legal AR57 pistol. And it is a blast!

                      Thats very cool. I love the Sig Arm Brace, gives us Californians a SBR
                      West Coast Weaponworks
                      Certified Cerakote & Engraving
                      07 FFL
                      4855 Ruffner St. Suite D
                      San Diego, CA 92111
                      619-251-1363
                      www.SanDiegoGunGraphics.com

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Rough Gear Review
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2012
                        • 731

                        Originally posted by mt417
                        Very interesting... what purpose does the 5.7 serve?

                        EDIT: Oh, to replace 9mm?
                        I'm not at war so all my calibers serve the purpose of fun. :-)
                        West Coast Weaponworks
                        Certified Cerakote & Engraving
                        07 FFL
                        4855 Ruffner St. Suite D
                        San Diego, CA 92111
                        619-251-1363
                        www.SanDiegoGunGraphics.com

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          GunWhore75
                          Member
                          • Jan 2014
                          • 141

                          Originally posted by Rough Gear Review
                          Thats very cool. I love the Sig Arm Brace, gives us Californians a SBR
                          Then you will get a kick out of this one... LOL!

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Glockrocks
                            Senior Member
                            • Apr 2012
                            • 629

                            Saiga 12 with an AR57?

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              bruss01
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Feb 2006
                              • 5336

                              Didn't realize you could get 10 round mags for these. Now I want one.
                              The one thing worse than defeat is surrender.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1