Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Samson Grip pod help

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ethib
    Member
    • Feb 2011
    • 260

    Samson Grip pod help

    I've looked into the samson grip pod vertical grip/bipod and have read information which makes me want to put it on an ar
    The problem is there are two versions law enforcement and one with reinforced legs, and I see nothing comparing the two. Anyone seen both and notice a difference?
  • #2
    infringed711
    Banned
    • Jun 2012
    • 2805

    People hate on them but I loved mine...armory wanted it back when I checked out. I'd reccomend getting the reinforced personally, if it's just a range gun the regular one will work but I'd reccomend a dedicated bipod for a range gun

    Comment

    • #3
      ethib
      Member
      • Feb 2011
      • 260

      are the reinforced ones thicker? less wiggle? Can you notice the difference? What do you notice?

      Comment

      • #4
        infringed711
        Banned
        • Jun 2012
        • 2805

        Originally posted by ethib
        are the reinforced ones thicker? less wiggle? Can you notice the difference? What do you notice?
        My understanding is that they are significantly less likely to snap under pressure, they don't really look different and both lock up tight but I wouldn't trust the regular legs under hard use

        Comment

        • #5
          ethib
          Member
          • Feb 2011
          • 260

          I did just find in a long search that there are metal inserts in the military version. I think I'm going to email samson and see what they say

          Comment

          • #6
            j15w
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2011
            • 869

            I have owned both versions at one point and never noticed less "robustness" in one version over the other. The military version can take a bit more vertical pressure when the bipod is deployed. There was a youtube video of some guy standing on his. But in real world usage, I don't think you will see a huge difference.
            It was just an old plywood boat, with a '75 Johnson, with electric choke. A young boy, two hands on the wheel, I can't replace the way it made me feel.

            Comment

            • #7
              ethib
              Member
              • Feb 2011
              • 260

              I never thought about youtube review, duh. And now I'm confused. The first one I watch says the military one is aluminum and heavier, but their website has them as the same weighy and it says polymer on both....

              Comment

              • #8
                ethib
                Member
                • Feb 2011
                • 260

                and now I'm seeing there is www.grippod.com I'm assuming Samson either bought grippod, licensing it or had a spin off company for it. So turned around, cause then samson's website is not listed as a distributor. The grippod website says the legs are stainless steel coated in polymer

                Comment

                • #9
                  fmunk
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 2011
                  • 3896

                  Samson's site never states that it is manufactured or marketed under their brand. They are just a retailer who also sell product they make in-house. Not sure how you got the impression they have one under their own brand.

                  Both versions are polymer. The mil-spec version have steel inserts, which obviously can take more punishment and weight. For AR-15 use, the full polymer version will be fine. If you have a higher caliber rifle with greater recoil, the mil-spec version might last longer and flex less during use... which matters in accuracy as you are suppose to lean into the rifle to preload the legs when shooting with bipods.


                  FS: Atlas Bipod, Custom G23 RMR slide, ETS mags, Jagerwerks, Recover G26/27, CZ Scorpion bits, etc.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    ethib
                    Member
                    • Feb 2011
                    • 260

                    opticsplanet has it with a Samson logo http://www.opticsplanet.com/samson-g...forcement.html
                    as well as Amazon, walmart, and a bunch of other online stores.
                    hence my confusion with it all. It will be for an ar in 762x39, leaning towards the reinforced legs I think, may be a slight overkill but maybe some day it wont be and that day I'll look back and not kick myself

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1