Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

I need some AK help.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • rromeo
    Calguns Addict
    • Sep 2009
    • 6981

    I need some AK help.

    This parts kit is advertised locally. I do not know AKs, so I'd like some advice before I buy.



    Here is the text of the ad.
    Bulgarian AK47 Rifle kit, Sell for $250 or will trade a Semi Auto Pistol , Lever Action or Semi Auto Rifle ,AR15 rifle kit or Semi Auto Shotgun.
    I figure with a barrel, it's got to be worth $250 these days, but then again, I don't know. Anything you can tell me is appreciated.
    Never initiate force against another. That should be the underlying principle of your life. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

    - from THE SECOND BOOK OF KYFHO
    (Revised Eastern Sect Edition)
  • #2
    riddler408
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2013
    • 1746

    it is missing both front and rear trunnions, and trigger guard. Is it an original Bulgarian barrel?
    Last edited by riddler408; 11-06-2013, 3:59 PM.
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      zfields
      CGN Contributor
      • Aug 2010
      • 13658

      Looks like its missing quite a few parts.
      Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom Paracord slings

      10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!

      Comment

      • #4
        Volksgrenadier
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2009
        • 597

        Picture appears to depict a threaded barrel. Former milled receiver AK variant?
        As another noted, no trunnions. No trigger guard.
        sigpic

        Hunter S. Thompson
        The Great Shark Hunt: Strange Tales From a Strange Time

        Comment

        • #5
          rromeo
          Calguns Addict
          • Sep 2009
          • 6981

          The guy selling doesn't seem to know any more than I do. I've asked a few questions and he gives me dumbass responses.
          Is that $250 worth of parts?
          Never initiate force against another. That should be the underlying principle of your life. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

          - from THE SECOND BOOK OF KYFHO
          (Revised Eastern Sect Edition)

          Comment

          • #6
            riddler408
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2013
            • 1746

            Originally posted by Volksgrenadier
            Picture appears to depict a threaded barrel. Former milled receiver AK variant?
            As another noted, no trunnions. No trigger guard.
            So it isn't my eyes, I thought I saw threads there.
            sigpic

            Comment

            • #7
              rromeo
              Calguns Addict
              • Sep 2009
              • 6981

              Originally posted by Volksgrenadier
              Picture appears to depict a threaded barrel. Former milled receiver AK variant?
              As another noted, no trunnions. No trigger guard.
              Okay, now that was one of the things I was afraid of. I don't know the threaded barrel part exactly, but I know milled receivers have integral trunnions, and since they weren't in the photo, I didn't want to be trying to assemble a milled kit with a bent flat.
              Never initiate force against another. That should be the underlying principle of your life. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

              - from THE SECOND BOOK OF KYFHO
              (Revised Eastern Sect Edition)

              Comment

              • #8
                riddler408
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2013
                • 1746

                Originally posted by rromeo
                The guy selling doesn't seem to know any more than I do. I've asked a few questions and he gives me dumbass responses.
                Is that $250 worth of parts?
                It depends.

                This is for a milled receiver. Which would explain why there are no front and rear trunnions. you either weld a cut receiver back together yourself or buy one 100% complete and have it sent to a ffl. I think they run a $200-$300(stamped run at $30), but don't quote me on that. if you want a complete kit minus barrel for a milled receiver go here. stamped kits cost more but the recievers can be completed in a garage(homebuild no ffl)

                AK-Builder manufactures professional AK-47 and AK-74 building tools, riveting tools, barrel tools, jigs, fixtures, gunsmithing tools, parts and accessories.
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  riddler408
                  Senior Member
                  • Feb 2013
                  • 1746

                  This is a good deal here!

                  Arms of America is a 100% US Military Veteran owned and operated AK Rifles and firearms business in Texas. Call us today!
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    dwtt
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 7470

                    It's not worth $250 because the trunnions are missing. Where's Radford and how far away is it from Alexandria?
                    I have a Romanian AK kit that I was going to build a NDS rifle with it but haven't got around to it. If you are patient and willing to wait until Jan of next year, I can sell you the receiver and parts kit when I bring it back from CA during the Christmas break. I already built up a NDS receiver with a Romanian G kit and the unassembled kit is also a Romanian G. PM me if you are interested.

                    Originally posted by riddler408
                    Are my eyes bad or is the barrel missing in those kits?
                    Last edited by dwtt; 11-06-2013, 4:49 PM. Reason: wrong country

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      riddler408
                      Senior Member
                      • Feb 2013
                      • 1746

                      Originally posted by riddler408
                      Now I want to buy another kit.
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        riddler408
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2013
                        • 1746

                        Originally posted by dwtt
                        It's not worth $250 because the trunnions are missing. Where's Radford and how far away is it from Alexandria?
                        I have a bulgarian AK kit that I was going to build a NDS rifle with it but haven't got around to it. If you are patient and willing to wait until Jan of next year, I can sell you the receiver and parts kit when I bring it back from CA during the Christmas break. I already built up a NDS receiver with a Bulgarian G kit and the unassembled kit is also a Bulgarian G. PM me if you are interested.


                        Are my eyes bad or is the barrel missing in those kits?
                        No barrel. Your eyes are fine. But $299 is cheap these days sad to say.
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          riddler408
                          Senior Member
                          • Feb 2013
                          • 1746

                          Originally posted by dwtt
                          It's not worth $250 because the trunnions are missing. Where's Radford and how far away is it from Alexandria?
                          I have a bulgarian AK kit that I was going to build a NDS rifle with it but haven't got around to it. If you are patient and willing to wait until Jan of next year, I can sell you the receiver and parts kit when I bring it back from CA during the Christmas break. I already built up a NDS receiver with a Bulgarian G kit and the unassembled kit is also a Bulgarian G. PM me if you are interested.


                          Are my eyes bad or is the barrel missing in those kits?
                          Bulgarian G? Are you sure it isn't a Romanian G?
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            The Paper Pimp
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2013
                            • 967

                            spend another $100 and get one of the Polish kits floating around, it'll have all the parts at least.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              MrPlink
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Mar 2010
                              • 12532

                              Its a cut up from the Fed awb days, hence the thumbhole stock, no bayo lug etc etc

                              depending on what the barrel is and its condition the asking price may not be THAT crazy
                              The California Moderate Centrist Militia member in exile

                              disclaimer:
                              everything I post is for arguendo and entertainment purposes only, and should not be construed to be legal advice

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1