Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Need scope ring suggestions.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • koehn,jim
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2013
    • 643

    Need scope ring suggestions.

    I just bought a Smith and Wesson MP-15 and want to mount a scope. Does anyone with one have any suggestions.
  • #2
    Stewdabaker23
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2012
    • 2309

    Seekins, leupold, Burris
    sigpic
    NRA Lifetime Member SAF Lifetime Member

    Comment

    • #3
      OpticsPlanet
      Vendor/Retailer
      • Apr 2009
      • 2129

      Check out the Burris PEPR mount: http://www.opticsplanet.com/burris-a...al-mounts.html

      Tim G.
      CalGunners: Take 5% off your order of $50 or more at OpticsPlanet by using coupon code CALGUNS! Some exclusions apply.

      OpticsPlanet
      http://www.opticsplanet.com
      Toll-Free (888) 504-7864
      Send us a private message if we can be of help!

      Comment

      • #4
        desert dog
        Senior Member
        • May 2008
        • 786

        Badger, Seekins, and Nightforce are top quality rings IMO. I have never had to lap them. Or you can get what many consider the "best" = http://www.milehighshooting.com/30mm-spuhr-mounts/

        I ALWAYS have to lap Leupold, Weaver, and Burris rings - so would call those decent but not high quality.

        For your AR, I would go with a one-piece quick detach system. LaRue makes some good ones, but I like this the best: http://www.americandefensemanufactur...s/scopemounts/

        Good luck with your new toy!
        Last edited by desert dog; 10-17-2013, 8:49 AM.

        Comment

        • #5
          strongpoint
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2010
          • 3115

          desert dog is right: go with a one-piece cantilever mount on an AR. there's a good comparison here.
          .

          Comment

          • #6
            Stewdabaker23
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2012
            • 2309

            What's your budget ???

            NightForce, Badger, Seekins are fairly pricey.

            Burris, Weaver, and some others are cheaper but still good rings.
            sigpic
            NRA Lifetime Member SAF Lifetime Member

            Comment

            • #7
              Dutch Henry
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2012
              • 733

              I have 3 Burris PEPR mounts. They are rock solid and work great.

              Comment

              • #8
                FMJBT
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 2007
                • 4888

                ADM Recon is a great pick. On a budget, the Burris PEPR is also quite decent, although it does mount the scope a bit higher than the ADM. If you feel comfortable in a Nomex flame suit, the UTG offset 30mm mount is also really decent with very solid construction and adjustable lockup:

                Providing tactical and shooting sports accessories & optics since 1992 and the official UTG & UTG PRO headquarters. The Best Never Rest.

                U.S. Navy (Retired) 1994-2015

                Comment

                • #9
                  Whiterabbit
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Oct 2010
                  • 7597

                  Warne. USA made, done right. Never lap. QD available, Steel construction. Great price. No brainer.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    koehn,jim
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2013
                    • 643

                    Thanks for the suggestions I have some thinking to do.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1