Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

The next panic

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BigPimping
    CGN Contributor
    • Feb 2010
    • 21485

    The next panic

    Following the dog and pony show today in Sacramento, I wonder if this accelerate the buying frenzy that is eminent now that these new bills are progressing into law.
    sigpic

    PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

    When pimping begins, friendship ends.

    Don't let your history be a mystery
  • #2
    Arson
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2011
    • 1818

    The next Panic will be a Gun Owner.
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      jdben92883
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2012
      • 3635

      I think we'll see another bump in CA, but nothing like what we had nationally Dec - April.

      Californians will be responding to longarm registration and all of these bills that likely will be sent to Brown. Gunstores have a lot more inventory and once CA prices rise to a certain level, people will just buy from out-of-state dealers and pay the tax, DROS, FFL fee.

      Also right now the Marketplace is very slow for sellers. A lot of people bought a lot of gear and are stuck with it. So the market has to absorb that too before you see a rise. I'd give the Marketplace room for another 10-20% increase. I don't think there will be a "frenzy" to push it much higher than that, nor do I think it will stay at its current depressed levels.
      NRA Benefactor Member

      Comment

      • #4
        The Paper Pimp
        Banned
        • Mar 2013
        • 967

        the next panic will be limited to CA only

        Comment

        • #5
          Jaybird
          Senior Member
          • Jul 2012
          • 1145

          Just when things are finally in stock again and at decent prices, more panic.

          Comment

          • #6
            Dsal_13
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2013
            • 782

            How about we just dont panic! lets spread the word!! -__- this sucks.. like Jaybird said.. couldnt agree more
            "An armed society is a polite society"

            Comment

            • #7
              neouser
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2012
              • 1141

              At this point, a lot of people have bought stripped lowers and low end rifles. I predict that the shortage will mostly be on:

              * high end complete "exotic" rifles that people have always wanted to own. (i.e. - SCAR, ACR, AUG, PS90, H&K 416, etc...)

              * ammunition in popular calibers

              * C&R rifles

              * parts for popular semiautomatic rifles

              Comment

              • #8
                JohnnyPark805
                Banned
                • Aug 2013
                • 87

                Originally posted by Dsal_13
                How about we just dont panic! lets spread the word!! -__- this sucks.. like Jaybird said.. couldnt agree more
                it will spread. I think we as californias will cause the next nation wide ammo shortage haha

                Comment

                • #9
                  Dsal_13
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2013
                  • 782

                  Originally posted by JohnnyPark805
                  it will spread. I think we as californias will cause the next nation wide ammo shortage haha
                  Haha I agree... everyone is going to hate us!
                  "An armed society is a polite society"

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    pitbull30
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 2005
                    • 3053

                    Originally posted by BigPimping
                    Following the dog and pony show today in Sacramento, I wonder if this accelerate the buying frenzy that is eminent now that these new bills are progressing into law.
                    You just started it. so what did you buy? I bought the most expensive AR15 and 10/22 I could find!

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Grumpyoldretiredcop
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Sep 2008
                      • 6437

                      Originally posted by BigPimping
                      Following the dog and pony show today in Sacramento, I wonder if this accelerate the buying frenzy that is eminent now that these new bills are progressing into law.
                      I hate to say it, but I'm pretty sure that enough folks won't keep a cool head and there will be another panic. Some folks stampede pretty easily.
                      I'm retired. That's right, retired. I don't want to hear about the cop who stopped you today or how you didn't think you should get a ticket. That just makes me grumpy!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        dyson
                        Veteran Member
                        • Feb 2013
                        • 4342

                        absolutely nothing in the news of todays events, prob calm before the next round.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Cadre
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 2012
                          • 3310

                          There was a panic? Really?
                          Originally posted by Kwikvette
                          OPeR4t3Rz w3aR dem h4tz br4h!
                          Originally posted by ddindetroit
                          I think you mean ProStaff on your ad and not Prostate- the male secretary organ that causes urinary obstruction in old age and make chymotrypsin to lyse seminal clots.

                          These are nice scopes - ProStaff that is; not the Prostate.

                          DD

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            CWDraco
                            Banned
                            • May 2007
                            • 3359

                            Originally posted by Dsal_13
                            How about we just dont panic! lets spread the word!! -__- this sucks.. like Jaybird said.. couldnt agree more
                            Maybe you don't understand whats about to happen. If the bills pass, people without will remain "without" FOREVER.

                            Its not panic, it's last minute shopping. As inventory goes down, prices go up.

                            people will just buy from out-of-state dealers and pay the tax, DROS, FFL fee.
                            Yup, and thats what a last minute shopper doesnt want to do. So they buy at the first sign of real trouble. That's not panic, that's called free market.

                            Panic is when Obummer got elected and everyone ASSunmed he was going to pass an AW law without any reliable information.

                            The second they announce the bills are law and on 12/31/2013 the "Good Ship Lollypop" has sailed away FOREVER, people are going to go shopping. Millions of shoppers looking for thousands of items.

                            And thousands of people will not get what they want because the millions have bought it all.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              CWDraco
                              Banned
                              • May 2007
                              • 3359

                              Originally posted by dyson
                              absolutely nothing in the news of todays events, prob calm before the next round.
                              There is a purposeful media blackout. The media knows news stories generate support on BOTH sides of an issue. They do not want our side to gain support. It was the same way in 2000. When it was all over, thats when the news reports broadcasted the upcoming ban. The LGS had to explain what had occurred like 11teen million times a day. Most of the time we just pointed to a sign and said, we have been telling you about it for months now.

                              The only good thing now is we have an internet and social media to spread the word, but that still doesnt get the job done as we all can see.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1