Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

bcg

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ARDude
    Veteran Member
    • May 2006
    • 2723

    bcg

    I want to get a new upper. Should I purchase a new bcg for the new upper, or can I use the old one?
    Real-life Girls
  • #2
    m16
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2010
    • 2527

    I'd buy a new bolt and cam pin, but a used carrier should be fine.
    Marine Raider Foundation

    Comment

    • #3
      BrassCase
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Dec 2011
      • 3192

      Any idea how many rounds you put through it? Is it a good quality BCG?
      I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong...
      NRA Certified:

      Chief Range Safety Officer
      Instructor: Basic Pistol Shooting
      Instructor: Personal Protection Inside the Home

      Comment

      • #4
        ARDude
        Veteran Member
        • May 2006
        • 2723

        Less than 1000 rounds. Made by bushmaster, bought it back in 2005.
        Real-life Girls

        Comment

        • #5
          ScottsBad
          Progressives Suck!
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • May 2009
          • 5610

          Originally posted by ARDude
          Less than 1000 rounds. Made by bushmaster, bought it back in 2005.
          Bushmaster? Buy a new bolt/carrier combo. BCM preferred.
          sigpicC'mon man, shouldn't we ban Democracks from Cal-Guns? Or at least send them to re-education camps.

          Comment

          • #6
            jasonnorcal
            Senior Member
            • Mar 2009
            • 1297

            +1 what m16 said. Bolt wears into the barrel extension becoming matched. You can reuse the bolt but will have excessive wear when the bolt wears into the new barrel extension
            Homer Simpson gun safety: "This is the trigger, and THIS is the part you point at whatever you want to die..."

            Originally posted by Chuntsman949
            does it come with a flat billed hat, and a spade shirt?

            Comment

            • #7
              G21Shooter
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2013
              • 3577

              Originally posted by ScottsBad
              Bushmaster? Buy a new bolt/carrier combo. BCM preferred.
              We have a winner! Get a BCM BCG. Being that they are built to spec you should not have to worry about headspace.

              Comment

              • #8
                Dsal_13
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2013
                • 782

                Yea definetly go with a new one.. might as well have all new upper components brand new!
                "An armed society is a polite society"

                Comment

                • #9
                  negolien
                  Veteran Member
                  • Sep 2010
                  • 4829

                  You can reuse the bolt... I have before and have had 0 issues. If you can afford to buy a brand new one fine but no need to spend extra money if you don't have it.
                  "Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

                  George Orwell

                  http://www.AnySoldier.com

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Mossy Man
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Jun 2011
                    • 7641

                    The carrier should be ok. Get a new bolt. Ive gt a few extras on hand anyway.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      ARDude
                      Veteran Member
                      • May 2006
                      • 2723

                      Thanks for the info. I think I will just get a new one. Might as well start with all new upper and bcg.
                      Real-life Girls

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        G21Shooter
                        Veteran Member
                        • Mar 2013
                        • 3577

                        Originally posted by ARDude
                        Thanks for the info. I think I will just get a new one. Might as well start with all new upper and bcg.
                        Good idea, the BCG is the heart of a AR and you want it to be in good shape and quality.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1