Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • UN3178
    Member
    • Sep 2012
    • 249

    ...

    ...
    Last edited by UN3178; 01-24-2017, 11:04 AM.
  • #2
    vintagearms
    Calguns Addict
    • Jan 2009
    • 6841

    Don't go cheap on a bipod. The Harris look-a-likes are crap. If you can afford a LR308 and be able to feed it, I think you can afford a $80 Harris bipod.

    Comment

    • #3
      Thorax
      Banned
      • Apr 2010
      • 915

      I've used them all....

      GG&G is the best I've come across.
      It ain't cheap, but it's light, strong, and virtually bombproof.

      Comment

      • #4
        bluonyx
        Member
        • Oct 2012
        • 403

        I did the same thing, was looking for a cheap bi-pod and tried the $30 one. Ah nope, crap. Then the $89 one, still sucked. So I just sucked it up and got an Atlas with QD. Man this thing is awesome!

        Harris makes some great ones, for under $100. Since I'm still new to this sport, I've definitely learned, don't skimp on anything for your firearms.

        Comment

        • #5
          agent88
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2012
          • 1772

          Yeah the Atlas is in it's own league and price range. I'm saving for one. I like the way it pivots to handle recoil.

          Comment

          • #6
            vintagedude88
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2009
            • 2034

            This guy was able to shoot 700yds using a $20 UTG bipod.

            Comment

            • #7
              Dhena81
              Veteran Member
              • May 2010
              • 4587

              I'd say save some more and buy something that will last you I prefer the Atlas.

              Comment

              • #8
                G60
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2008
                • 3989

                Harris.
                "Any unarmed people are slaves, or are subject to slavery at any given moment." - Dr. Huey P. Newton

                Comment

                • #9
                  Tasty
                  Senior Member
                  • May 2011
                  • 1829

                  I love the Atlas that's on my 700, but am pretty much ready to pull the trigger on a Bobro for my P308. I'd rather spend the money on something quality, then have to replace it a few times because the cheap stuff won't hold up.
                  As the great warrior poet Ice Cube once said "If the day does not require an AK, it is good."

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    bombadillo
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Nov 2007
                    • 14810

                    Not being cheap here because I use Harris almost all the time, but on my rimfire setups, and cheapo builds, I usually buy a caldwell. I am not super hard on bipods or anything, but what kind of failures do you expect to have happen, or think that it will make a difference in accuracy, etc by buying a Harris clone vs a Harris or Atlas, or GG&G? I can't foresee any real accuracy issues, or breakage from what I've seen.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Thorax
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 915

                      Example:

                      I had a Harris mounted on my 338/378 weatherby (it's about the same as a 338 lapuua except for about 200fps extra) and the recoil made the legs fold over the wrong way and destroyed the thing....in 1 shot.
                      Granted that will probably never happen to most people and it was covered by warranty anyway.
                      But it would suck to be on a hunt (say for antelope where you NEED a bipod for the long shots) and had a very expensive hunting trip ruined by inferior equipment.

                      Just sayin...

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        bombadillo
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Nov 2007
                        • 14810

                        Fair enough. Big bore calibers and heavy hitters I would NEVER tell people to chince out anyway at $5.00 a shot, and expect to drop the coin, but I'm thinking up to .300 win mag roughly or less recoil. I've seen guys use UTG and harris clones on 7.62x54r, and .300wm without issue pretty regularly.

                        Thanks for the valid failure though, I couldn't think of much off the top of my head.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          couchmouse
                          Junior Member
                          • May 2012
                          • 31

                          I think Midway has 15% off on Harris bipods right now.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            JNunez23
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jan 2012
                            • 2755

                            Also own one of the $20 UTG bipods mounted onto my 10/22, Savage 17HMR, and AR at times.

                            All in all, it's very close to my Harris I use on my AR when bench shooting and am not opposed to using it as a back up. The only major difference is the leg adjustments are not notched like the Harris, so you have to pull and tighten by turning a knob on the UTG, rather than pull and "click" into place like the Harris.

                            Try one out, you can always use it as a spare if it doesn't float your boat.
                            sigpic"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
                            John Wooden

                            Need a holster?, please email us at StrappedKydex@gmail.com for any holsters, mag carriers, and more. Custom jobs welcomed!

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Don the savage
                              Senior Member
                              • Aug 2010
                              • 2094

                              You cant go cheap on bipods. I tried all the sub harris models, caldwell, blackhawk, UTG. They all suck.
                              It really is a case of getting what you pay for.
                              I support peace through superior firepower.
                              "Para ser libre, un hombre debe tener tres cosas, la tierra, una educacion y un fusil. Siempre un fusil ! (To be free, a man must have three things; land, an education and a rifle. Always a rifle)" -Emiliano Zapata.

                              Originally posted by rsrocket1
                              Of course they are in free territory where they can pick up ammunition at the local 5 and dime without going through a criminal background check. All we get is legalized pot.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1