Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Mag question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Johnrmars
    Junior Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 51

    Mag question

    so I saw some magpul m2 moe pmags 10/30 online for about $21 a piece. while i noticed the gen 3 pmags were all out of stock and far more expensive. is there a reason that the m2 pmags are so much less? and is there any bad reviews out there about them? Thanks for your help guys.
    NRA Member
  • #2
    EvolutionGSR
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 1556

    Mostly because they know enough people are willing to pay more for the lastest newest version.

    MOE / M2 s work great.

    Comment

    • #3
      Johnrmars
      Junior Member
      • Jan 2013
      • 51

      yeah I am starting my first ar build. figured i would get these while I could. and the 21 bucks doesn't seem like all that bad a price.
      NRA Member

      Comment

      • #4
        Johnrmars
        Junior Member
        • Jan 2013
        • 51

        by the way they are at rifle gear and in stock.
        NRA Member

        Comment

        • #5
          teflondog
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 2009
          • 4011

          I have both M2 and M3 Pmags. The main difference that I see is the stippling on the bottom of the M3 as well as the inability to attach dust covers to the bottom of the mag.
          Originally posted by G. Michael Hopf
          Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

          Comment

          • #6
            crosseyedshooter
            Senior Member
            • May 2013
            • 661

            I'm no expert, but I think there's more to it. M3 is narrower to fix compatibility issues with European rifles or narrow mag wells. Also, there's an external over-travel stop to prevent hard insertion from possibility damaging the feed lips. And yes, the dust covers don't attach to the bottom anymore. If you don't plan to be using your mags in an H&K or Sig, then probably no practical difference between M2 and M3.

            Comment

            • #7
              Johnrmars
              Junior Member
              • Jan 2013
              • 51

              nope they are going into an 80% lower that I am going to finish in the next few weeks.
              NRA Member

              Comment

              • #8
                MrPlink
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Mar 2010
                • 12532

                If it's for an AR there really wont be an advantage using a 3rd Gen over a 2nd.

                If you have a Scar, F2000 etc etc that's where the M3 comes into play
                The California Moderate Centrist Militia member in exile

                disclaimer:
                everything I post is for arguendo and entertainment purposes only, and should not be construed to be legal advice

                Comment

                • #9
                  THT
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 5140

                  M3s are also made with a different polymer that's supposed to be more resistant to extreme cold as well as lengthen the life of the feedlips and mitigate cracking at the spine.
                  Ty | 815.246.AR15 (2715) | info@midwestpx.com

                  sigpic

                  Magpul | Mega Arms | LMT | Hiperfire | ODIN Works | Multitasker
                  Spike's Tactical | Fortis | Centurion Arms | Limited Capacity PMAGs

                  FREE SHIPPING ON $150+ ORDERS!

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1