cee
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
def
Collapse
X
-
magpul is considered one of the best because they're lightweight, 0 malunctions, don't bend or break as easily as metal, and they have constant innovation with new generations.
Brands? Depends on your gun sometimes, what works for one may not work for another or may not work in anyone else's. I hear USA is really bad.
plastic mags a preferable because they don't bend (the feed lips) they'll just break if anything - and pmags more specifically are really strong
Windowed won't matter in CA - you can only have 10 rounds, won't even go past your magwell for the most part or the rounds won't even reach the windowed portion of the mag
I think lancer makes the best smoke mags for 5.56 -
I have no plastic mags, so I cannot speak about them. I have a number of 10 round metal ones from various manufacturers. Mostly stoner and c products. I have had no problems with any of them.Sorry, not sorry.
🎺

Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!Comment
-
each gen of magpul (theres 3) has fixed different reliability problems and some other things
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_17/33...ferences_.html this will tell you what gen you have
20 round is good for bench shooting, 30 round is good elsewhere, 30 rounders can be used as a mono-pod, when you go prone you use it as a stand to steady your rifle, a lot of metal or usgi spec mags you can only really load 28 rounds, pmags you can go full 30 (some other mags you can as well)
pmag is just the brand name (probably polymer mag) each generation of pmag feels different too, the newest m3 feels the lightest, at least to me, and it doesn't have as smooth of a texture so easier to grip. other plastic/polymer mags are just different designs by other companies, magpul does their own design. One thing though is magpul makes the best followers
Last edited by kens; 05-25-2013, 4:31 AM.Comment
-
You guys who say Magpul have zero problems are drinking the Kool-Aid.
There are a couple well-documented problems with Pmags. First is the fact that some guns don't like them. Most people have no issues, but there are more than a few people who have issues with the bolt not locking back after the last round is fired. Not a major problem, but not something that I'd want to have happen to me if I was counting on my rifle. Second is that Pmags have a weak point on the feed lips. This is why they come with a dust cover, not to keep dust out, but to keep those lips from breaking.
For most people, either Pmags or metal will do the job just fine. If you get metal mags, I'd advise in getting them with anti-tilt followers. Very good upgrade that will help the mag function more reliably. If it's worth anything, I own both.Originally posted by fighterpilot562Damn it man! We could have got drunk, called a taxi and drop by Kest house with a mega phone.Comment
-
Pmag and c products work good in my AR. Thermold is okay but when I press the bullet button to release my mag it will stay and not drop. I would have to pull itComment
-
I've only used C Products metal and aluminum mags in my 3 AR's for years, not that I'm against Pmags, just never owned one. Have never had a mag related malfunction w my C Products 10 rounders or 10/20's. Although I do agree for abuse purposes a polymer mag would hold up better than a metal and certainly an aluminum mag. But I'm just a range guy and My C mags have worked flawless for years. Pmags looks pretty cool though!
Actually have a few 10/20 Pmags in 308 for my LWRC REPR but have not gotten a chance to go out and shoot it yet. Assume they will work just fine, and did I say they look cool?!Comment
-
I have had zero issues with the 10 round AR Stoner mags from midwayusa.com. That is all you need unless your going after looks.
Nothing wrong with getting a Magpul P mag 30 round rebuild kit and putting a blocker in it to only hold 10 rounds.
NHMTG are the best GI style mags on the market. They are used by Colt, RRA and others as factory mags.Comment
-
Have several 10 round D&H and ASC mags. D&H are aluminum and ASC are stainless steel. All have been reliable; no malfunctions.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,534
Posts: 25,148,729
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,908
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 20486 users online. 121 members and 20365 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment