Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

bullet button installation legality?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • omnitravis
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2012
    • 1233

    bullet button installation legality?

    Could I have a rifle shipped here without a bullet button(to an FFL), and have them install a bullet button during my 10 day wait, legally?
    Last edited by omnitravis; 05-24-2013, 8:48 AM.
    Don't forget to shop at Amazon through Shop42a.com. Up to 25% of every purchase you make through Shop42a.com goes back to help fight for your gun rights.

    "Friends don't let friends play bubba gunsmith."
    SlickmisterN
  • #2
    bender152
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2006
    • 4237

    If the rifle was shipped with the upper and lower separated, it's legal without a mag-lock.

    However, finding an FFL to accept it this way will be the hard part. Most aren't comfortable doing that.

    Comment

    • #3
      Arkangel
      Veteran Member
      • May 2010
      • 4458

      It is possible, you would need an FFL who had an AW permit, and who was willing to do it.

      Like it was mentioned before, separating the upper and lower is also an option. You could ask the seller to send the upper to you, and the lower to the FFL you intend to use.
      _██_
      (ಠ_ృ) riveting tale, chap.

      Comment

      • #4
        seainc
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2011
        • 1209

        some type of BB are easy to install, maybe you can send it to seller and ask seller to install it for you.

        Comment

        • #5
          l e i s u r e
          Junior Member
          • Jul 2011
          • 50

          I have never found an out of state, other than those that are 'Cali friendly' willing to install a mag lock / bullet button. Even though its quick and easy - most would just rather sell the rifle as is with no work.

          Your best bet is to have them separate the upper and lower - then it is no longer an AW per Cali law.

          Comment

          • #6
            SJgunguy24
            I need a LIFE!!
            • May 2008
            • 14849

            Upper lower only works with some types of guns. Remove any aw features and your GTG.
            There are 3 kinds of people in this world.
            The wise, learn from the mistakes of others.
            The smart, learn from their own mistakes.
            The others, well......they just never learn.

            "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me Death!"
            Patrick Henry.

            Comment

            • #7
              omnitravis
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2012
              • 1233

              Originally posted by Arkangel
              It is possible, you would need an FFL who had an AW permit, and who was willing to do it.

              Like it was mentioned before, separating the upper and lower is also an option. You could ask the seller to send the upper to you, and the lower to the FFL you intend to use.
              I dont think anyone around or even anywhere near me has an AW permit... I dont think they will let me ship them a BB either, and they dont have any to install themselves.
              Guess I am boned on this one then, oh well. Thanks a bunch, guys.
              BTW, seainc, is that highway 1, big sur area in your avatar?

              Apparently, there are only 2 AW permits in CA? I was just told this by a LGS owner.
              Don't forget to shop at Amazon through Shop42a.com. Up to 25% of every purchase you make through Shop42a.com goes back to help fight for your gun rights.

              "Friends don't let friends play bubba gunsmith."
              SlickmisterN

              Comment

              • #8
                SJgunguy24
                I need a LIFE!!
                • May 2008
                • 14849

                Originally posted by omnitravis
                I dont think anyone around or even anywhere near me has an AW permit... I dont think they will let me ship them a BB either, and they dont have any to install themselves.
                Guess I am boned on this one then, oh well. Thanks a bunch, guys.
                BTW, seainc, is that highway 1, big sur area in your avatar?

                Apparently, there are only 2 AW permits in CA? I was just told this by a LGS owner.


                Ignorance is bliss. I know of at least 4 AW dealers in the bay area.
                There are 3 kinds of people in this world.
                The wise, learn from the mistakes of others.
                The smart, learn from their own mistakes.
                The others, well......they just never learn.

                "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me Death!"
                Patrick Henry.

                Comment

                • #9
                  omnitravis
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2012
                  • 1233

                  Yeah, it didn't seem correct to me, but, whatever. I know none of the ones around here have it, I have called them all!
                  Okay, he is a gunsmith and a LEO, he had no idea. What the hell...
                  Last edited by omnitravis; 05-24-2013, 7:11 PM.
                  Don't forget to shop at Amazon through Shop42a.com. Up to 25% of every purchase you make through Shop42a.com goes back to help fight for your gun rights.

                  "Friends don't let friends play bubba gunsmith."
                  SlickmisterN

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    BrassCase
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Dec 2011
                    • 3192

                    I've seen some convertable BBs available. They come with a tool that converts it back to an normal mag release. They sell them for us deprived Cal residents who have to have a BB. But there is a warning with them, they state that they have not yet been approved by Ca DOJ so use them at your own risk.

                    Here is one exaple:
                    Find information, resources and relevant links for nationalgunsupply.com. This domain may be for sale.
                    I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong...
                    NRA Certified:

                    Chief Range Safety Officer
                    Instructor: Basic Pistol Shooting
                    Instructor: Personal Protection Inside the Home

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Speedpower
                      Senior Member
                      • Jul 2010
                      • 2238

                      None of the Mag-Lock for AR, AK, SCAR etc... are CA DOJ approved

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        LBDamned
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Feb 2011
                        • 19040

                        Originally posted by l e i s u r e
                        I have never found an out of state, other than those that are 'Cali friendly' willing to install a mag lock / bullet button. Even though its quick and easy - most would just rather sell the rifle as is with no work.

                        Your best bet is to have them separate the upper and lower - then it is no longer an AW per Cali law.
                        Hinterland Outfitters... talk to Bret.
                        "Kamala is a radical leftist lunatic" ~ Donald J. Trump

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          omnitravis
                          Senior Member
                          • Dec 2012
                          • 1233

                          I finally convinced them, or one of them at Classic Firearms to install a bullet button device on the AK for me, also, they will disassemble the mags.

                          Del valle of del valle gunsmithing is an idiot. He just told me rebuild kits are illegal, I started to argue with him, then realized he is an ignorant prick and hung up because he was saying NO, NO, no they whole time while I was trying to explaining it to him.

                          I emailed him a copy of the thread on magazines here, this is his response:

                          "Yes, they are legal to possess in California, but we have chosen to not jeopardize our license by supplying them. You are free to find someone else who is willing to get them for you, or to have the rebuild kit sent directly to your address.


                          Ray Parga
                          del Valle Gunsmithing
                          Marina, CA"
                          That is understandable, I just wish he would have actually said that instead of telling me they arent legal when I was trying to do business with him on the phone. I would have had them send me the r. kits and him the rifle, but, I already had it shipped to another FFL. Oh well.
                          Last edited by omnitravis; 05-25-2013, 4:36 PM.
                          Don't forget to shop at Amazon through Shop42a.com. Up to 25% of every purchase you make through Shop42a.com goes back to help fight for your gun rights.

                          "Friends don't let friends play bubba gunsmith."
                          SlickmisterN

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            omnitravis
                            Senior Member
                            • Dec 2012
                            • 1233

                            Does anyone have a video guide or a walk through for installing the device?
                            It is apparently pretty easy, but, I want it to be hassle free for them since they are doing me a favor.
                            Don't forget to shop at Amazon through Shop42a.com. Up to 25% of every purchase you make through Shop42a.com goes back to help fight for your gun rights.

                            "Friends don't let friends play bubba gunsmith."
                            SlickmisterN

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Arkangel
                              Veteran Member
                              • May 2010
                              • 4458

                              Originally posted by omnitravis;11464909
                              Does anyone have a video guide or a walk through for installing the device?
                              It is apparently pretty easy, but, I want it to be hassle free for them since they are doing me a favor.
                              What device are they installing?

                              Solar tactical, Raddlock, or something else?
                              _██_
                              (ಠ_ృ) riveting tale, chap.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1