Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

50DTC

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Glock21sfsd
    Member
    • Jul 2009
    • 474

    50DTC

    So I am thinking about getting one of these



    How hard is it to find Ammo? I was just going to buy the upper and use an ar15 lower.

    Thanks
    Jeffery Overman
  • #2
    1911su16b870
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Dec 2006
    • 7654

    Mr Kubota (Ben) will roll you some.
    "Bruen, the Bruen opinion, I believe, discarded the intermediate scrutiny test that I also thought was not very useful; and has, instead, replaced it with a text history and tradition test." Judge Benitez 12-12-2022

    NRA Endowment Life Member, CRPA Life Member
    GLOCK (Gen 1-5, G42/43), Colt AR15/M16/M4, Sig P320, Sig P365, Beretta 90 series, Remington 870, HK UMP Factory Armorer
    Remington Nylon, 1911, HK, Ruger, Hudson H9 Armorer, just for fun!
    I instruct it if you shoot it.

    Comment

    • #3
      em9sredbeam
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2010
      • 3429

      I like. I will put that on my: If I ever get a really good job list.
      Stupid people; They're breeding.

      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

      Si vis pacem, para bellum

      ╠╦═╬ Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a store, not a government agency.

      Comment

      • #4
        409DROP
        Junior Member
        • Dec 2009
        • 56

        I'm going to order some ammo from Mr. Kubota, If I ever get my Ferret50 upper. I ordered my 50DTC upper back in November. I'm curious, did you call Spider Firearms & asked how long the wait is nowadays?

        Comment

        • #5
          omnitravis
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2012
          • 1233

          For the 900$ they want for the lower, I think you could get a comparable one out of an AR15 lower, lol.
          I have been thinking about the .416Barret a little bit lately. They will chamber a different caliber for $100, too, it looks like.
          Don't forget to shop at Amazon through Shop42a.com. Up to 25% of every purchase you make through Shop42a.com goes back to help fight for your gun rights.

          "Friends don't let friends play bubba gunsmith."
          SlickmisterN

          Comment

          • #6
            Rockit
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2007
            • 1337

            Originally posted by 409DROP
            I'm going to order some ammo from Mr. Kubota, If I ever get my Ferret50 upper. I ordered my 50DTC upper back in November. I'm curious, did you call Spider Firearms & asked how long the wait is nowadays?
            I ordered mine 3 weeks ago and was told Sept.

            Comment

            • #7
              409DROP
              Junior Member
              • Dec 2009
              • 56

              Originally posted by Rockit
              I ordered mine 3 weeks ago and was told Sept.
              I called in early April & Dave said he was 8-10 weeks out from receiving barrels, so I should get mine in July.

              Comment

              • #8
                CSACANNONEER
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Dec 2006
                • 44094

                Why not come up to the FCSA match in Coalinga on June 1-2 and seee some different 50s before you buy one? While there is nothing wrong with Dave's products or his customer service, there are other options that might suit you better? As far as ammo goes, you'll probably want to load your own. If you need help loading some, I'm available to give you a class and, I even have DTC dies just to help noobies like you.



                Originally posted by omnitravis
                For the 900$ they want for the lower, I think you could get a comparable one out of an AR15 lower, lol.
                I have been thinking about the .416Barret a little bit lately. They will chamber a different caliber for $100, too, it looks like.
                Uh, do a little research, Dave's lowers are not your average AR lower. Also, why would anyone want to get a .416? It's a boutique round that will never catch on.
                NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
                California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
                Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
                Utah CCW Instructor


                Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

                sigpic
                CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

                KM6WLV

                Comment

                • #9
                  DBADRAT
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2009
                  • 1801

                  Can I get a loan?
                  NRA Life Member

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    CSACANNONEER
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Dec 2006
                    • 44094

                    Try to order one in .50 Abagail along with 200 rounds of ammo and let me know what happens.
                    NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
                    California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
                    Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
                    Utah CCW Instructor


                    Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

                    sigpic
                    CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

                    KM6WLV

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      50BMGBOB
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2005
                      • 1738

                      Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
                      Try to order one in .50 Abagail along with 200 rounds of ammo and let me know what happens.
                      the problem with that is a .50 abagail is it will chamber a 50bmg as well. i have thought about ordering some ammo for my ar50 though.
                      sigpic50BMGBOB aka 50BMGLAZARUS aka 50BMGZOMBIEBOB aka the UN- DEAD!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        bphage
                        Junior Member
                        • Dec 2009
                        • 86

                        anyone know if the 50 am is cali legal?



                        If you need to fire form brass it would be nice to get a little extra from it!

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          bomb_on_bus
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 5492

                          Originally posted by bphage
                          anyone know if the 50 am is cali legal?



                          If you need to fire form brass it would be nice to get a little extra from it!
                          It should be CA legal since the dimensions on the case of the DTC allen magnum aren't the same as that on the BMG.
                          Originally posted by aklon
                          In 1775 we stood up.

                          In 1776 we announced we would not be sitting back down.

                          sigpic
                          Ahhhhhhhhhhh! Man that was some great Kool-Aid.......... hmmmmmm theres a hint of something metallic. Oh well guess I will get on with the voting.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            CSACANNONEER
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Dec 2006
                            • 44094

                            Originally posted by bphage
                            anyone know if the 50 am is cali legal?



                            If you need to fire form brass it would be nice to get a little extra from it!
                            While I'm not familiar with that wildcat, in looking at the picture, it appears that a 50BMG would fit into the chamber. If that's the case, I wouldn't want to go to court and try to defend myself for having a rifle chambered in that cartridge. Besides, the DTC is a proven wildcat which has become the standard alternative to the 50BMG within the 50 world.
                            NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
                            California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
                            Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
                            Utah CCW Instructor


                            Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

                            sigpic
                            CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

                            KM6WLV

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              CSACANNONEER
                              CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                              • Dec 2006
                              • 44094

                              Originally posted by 50BMGBOB
                              the problem with that is a .50 abagail is it will chamber a 50bmg as well. i have thought about ordering some ammo for my ar50 though.
                              I wonder if Dave would actually make .50 abagail rounds to sell???? Also, I realized that it wouldn't be legal in CA unless it was on a registered lower. I just thought that Dave might get a kick out of a noobie inquiring about getting one. I wonder if Dave would make one in another color or would he stick to the original pink color?
                              NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
                              California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
                              Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
                              Utah CCW Instructor


                              Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

                              sigpic
                              CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

                              KM6WLV

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1