Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Bushmaster free float

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SoCalSVT
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2008
    • 25

    Bushmaster free float

    Howdy,

    I recently finished building my first AR and I had a quick question about my upper.....

    I have a bushmaster varminter 24'' upper and I was wondering how to get the actual free float tube off (for cleaning). It looks like it just unscrews but I dont want to put to much pressure on it in fear that it may break. Any help would be highly appreciated, thanks.

    NOOB
  • #2
    scfast
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2008
    • 691

    Don't know about your specific ff but removing the bolts should do it but it should not be necessary to remove ff for normal cleaning
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      mr2.0
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 635

      I usually spray a light coat of Rem oil and use a small air compressor to blow everything out clean, then spray a light coat of Rem oil again to make sure there is no moisture from the compressor tank that would rust the barrel. Tam

      Comment

      • #4
        SoCalSVT
        Junior Member
        • Mar 2008
        • 25

        Originally posted by mr2.0
        I usually spray a light coat of Rem oil and use a small air compressor to blow everything out clean, then spray a light coat of Rem oil again to make sure there is no moisture from the compressor tank that would rust the barrel. Tam
        very much appreciated...

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1