Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

HELP!! - Head spacing problem and confusion

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • RAP66
    Junior Member
    • Jan 2012
    • 84

    HELP!! - Head spacing problem and confusion

    Yesterday I finally put all my parts together and built up my Mega Maten. Towards the end of the build I dis-assembled the BCG to check for head spacing. The "No-Go" Gauge worked, the bolt would catch on the gauge but not rotate (and go into battery????) OK GREAT!! I move on to the "Go" gauge, same thing the bolt catches on the gauge but barely barely rotates to lock the bolt in

    I searched youtube and the forums and could not find anything that resembled what I am seeing with my setup.

    Thinking I did something wrong I took the entire rifle apart and tried the same Go-No Go checks on just the barrel and the bare bolt I get the same results. THe No Go gauge wont allow the bolt to rotate and lock-into the barrel. With the Go gauge the bolt will lock onto the gauge and barely rotate to lock the bolt into the barrel.

    Am I missing something here??? or is the Go gauge showing that the barrel and bolt have really tight tolerances and should SAFELY work when I go to shoot it?

    The BCG is a DPMS style with Nickel Boron coating, the Barrel is a Fulton Armory 22" bull barrel in SS

    Thanks

    Rich
  • #2
    mark501w
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2011
    • 1699

    If the go works & the no go doesn't you are within acceptable tolerences.

    Comment

    • #3
      bbgughj
      Member
      • Mar 2013
      • 430



      Comment

      • #4
        RAP66
        Junior Member
        • Jan 2012
        • 84

        Went though it again, still the same. One thing I forgot to add is that the carrier does not sit flush with the back edge of the upper.

        I took everything apart again and with the bare bolt I was able to seat a Remington 150gr 308win into the barrel not problems. I assembled the BCG (left out the firing pin) and by hand I was able to get the bolt to seat and go into battery. It was very snug but it was able to lock.

        does this still sound normal?

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1