Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

PWS

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • tvfreakarms
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2009
    • 2362

    PWS

    PWS ar

    Does anyone own a pws piston AR?

    I was curious what your thoughts on this rifle. It seems interesting and the piston system is different. More like an ak style.

    But the pistons system looks flimsy and doesn't look durable, especially in the long run.

    I wonder how it will hold up after thousands of rounds.

    It also seems the if you can take out the gas key and put in a regular gas key, you could pop that BCG into your DI AR. But assume the pws BCG is proprietary.
    sigpic

    #ifyourhandtouchesmetalI swearbymyprettyfloralbonnetIwillendyou
  • #2
    wildbill714
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2011
    • 41

    Dmack has a extensive review on the mk 114 on sniperhide forum perhaps you should look it up. It will answer all your questions. Oh And it's a pretty simple rugged design. Perhaps ill post a pic of my mk 112 upper I'm using for a pistol build.

    Comment

    • #3
      tvfreakarms
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2009
      • 2362

      How long have u had urs?
      sigpic

      #ifyourhandtouchesmetalI swearbymyprettyfloralbonnetIwillendyou

      Comment

      • #4
        wildbill714
        Junior Member
        • Feb 2011
        • 41

        I had the mk 114 put around 1200 rds through it, then sold it to my cousin, It was the older style. never had any problems just like getting new things all the time...also had a pws mk 109 pistol in 300blk..dont have that anymore either...good thing because ammo was expensive and I never really got time to shoot it the way it needed to be was just sitting around... yea I think dmack has around way over 30,000rds through his..I mean he's a SWAT instructor...I like PWS because its rugged,simple and light DI ar like in weight... truth be Id rank PWS, LWRC and SIG and HK all in the same league if your looking for a piston.. I like DI ars also nothing wrong with them..also the new PWS system fixed all the apparent issues, well not really issues just added things like a free float system and adjustable gas system for suppressor use..

        Comment

        • #5
          neomedic
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 2006
          • 3276

          ^^^ Is the Sig516 in that group? If so, that is good news since it's a little bit cheaper and will have the same reliability as the LWRC and HK?

          Comment

          • #6
            chead
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2011
            • 3109

            It's a long-stroke piston; not sure how that could be considered "flimsy".
            Originally posted by NorCalK9.com
            Hecka funny all my friends with AR's call them "clips" but I call them bullet holder things lol
            Originally posted by MikeR
            So suck it HK, If I wanted an $800 pistol with a crap trigger I would just go buy 2 Glocks.

            Comment

            • #7
              crazychinaman
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2011
              • 1557

              I have a mixture of PWS gas piston with ASA side charging handle upper.IT works really well.Has shot about 1200 rounds through it.the only thing it does not like wolf or any low power ammo.

              Comment

              • #8
                technique
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Jan 2008
                • 10639

                Originally posted by chead
                It's a long-stroke piston; not sure how that could be considered "flimsy".
                This






                In comparison to the POF you own, You'd be upgrading if you got PWS.
                California Uber Alles, California Uber Alles
                Uber Alles California, Uber Alles California

                I am Governor Jerry Brown, My aura smiles and never frowns, Soon I will be President...

                Comment

                • #9
                  JackRydden224
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 7229

                  Originally posted by technique
                  This


                  In comparison to the POF you own, You'd be upgrading if you got PWS.
                  Wow nice.

                  I'm also interested in a PWS upper but one in 7.62x39. I think they made one in that caliber but perhaps not anymore? I don't nice many companies make 7.62x39 gas piston uppers.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    wildbill714
                    Junior Member
                    • Feb 2011
                    • 41

                    Originally posted by crazychinaman
                    I have a mixture of PWS gas piston with ASA side charging handle upper.IT works really well.Has shot about 1200 rounds through it.the only thing it does not like wolf or any low power ammo.
                    the updated version of the PWS system allows you to adjust the gas system so you can fire all types of ammo, also for adding a suppressor

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      wildbill714
                      Junior Member
                      • Feb 2011
                      • 41

                      Originally posted by neomedic
                      ^^^ Is the Sig516 in that group? If so, that is good news since it's a little bit cheaper and will have the same reliability as the LWRC and HK?
                      Yes I definitely rank the Sig on par

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        tvfreakarms
                        Senior Member
                        • Jul 2009
                        • 2362

                        Do u have a link from that guy dmack? 30k plus now that what i like to hear.
                        i noticed that pws doesn't sell their .308 upper by itself.

                        just curious how easy is it to take off the hg? would it still hold zero?
                        sigpic

                        #ifyourhandtouchesmetalI swearbymyprettyfloralbonnetIwillendyou

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          tvfreakarms
                          Senior Member
                          • Jul 2009
                          • 2362

                          Although i haven't shot my pof a lot so far its been good to me.
                          To me to quality seems to be good. like their barrel & type of finish they use
                          sigpic

                          #ifyourhandtouchesmetalI swearbymyprettyfloralbonnetIwillendyou

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            fmunk
                            Veteran Member
                            • Apr 2011
                            • 3896

                            PWS piston rifles are some of the best out there. If you can afford one and one is available to you, go for it.

                            That said, you don't have to have a piston AR. A DI rifle will serve you just fine. You go to the range to shoot, not arid deserts of Iraq or rugged mountains of Afghanistan. Furthermore, you can't legally possess silencers in CA. So you see? There is little need for a piston AR.

                            But if you want one, PWS is the one I would pick. Beyond that, I would maybe take a look at Faxon Firearm's new ARAK upper or a Sig556/551.
                            Last edited by fmunk; 04-15-2013, 1:47 AM.


                            FS: Atlas Bipod, Custom G23 RMR slide, ETS mags, Jagerwerks, Recover G26/27, CZ Scorpion bits, etc.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              tvfreakarms
                              Senior Member
                              • Jul 2009
                              • 2362

                              Faxon firearms seems interesting. I like the fact that you can change the barrel and get a .300 if u wanted to.

                              Do you own a faxon?

                              Originally posted by fmunk
                              PWS piston rifles are some of the best out there. If you can afford one and one is available to you, go for it.

                              That said, you don't have to have a piston AR. A DI rifle will serve you just fine. You go to the range to shoot, not arid deserts of Iraq or rugged mountains of Afghanistan. Furthermore, you can't legally possess silencers in CA. So you see? There is little need for a piston AR.

                              But if you want one, PWS is the one I would pick. Beyond that, I would maybe take a look at Faxon Firearm's new ARAK upper or a Sig556/551.
                              sigpic

                              #ifyourhandtouchesmetalI swearbymyprettyfloralbonnetIwillendyou

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1