Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

bullet button or featureless????

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • glock_monster
    Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 341

    bullet button or featureless????

    so a featureless rifle (sport type) needs no bullet button ?
    does a thumb hole stock count as featureless? Can somebody please define this for me
    THERE'S A THIN LINE BETWEEN GOOD & EVIL
  • #2
    rockstar
    Member
    • May 2008
    • 499

    Check out the flow chart. Thumb hole stock is considered a feature and the hole needs to be plugged. I'm sure a senior member will chime in shortly.

    Comment

    • #3
      Chaos47
      Calguns Addict
      • Apr 2010
      • 6615

      Check out the link in my sig.

      Yes thumbhole stocks are a feature on a semiautomatic centerfire rifle.

      Penal Code 12276.1.
      (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:
      (1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
      (A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
      (B) A thumbhole stock.
      (C) A folding or telescoping stock.
      (D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
      (E) A flash suppressor.
      (F) A forward pistol grip.


      So According to Penal Code 12276.1. (a)
      A Featureless Rifle can not have any of the following:
      Pistol grip.
      Thumbhole stock.
      Folding or telescoping stock.
      Grenade launcher or flare launcher.
      Flash suppressor.
      Forward pistol grip.

      Note: Threaded Barrels and Bayonet Lugs are not on the list and are legal.

      Comment

      • #4
        glock_monster
        Member
        • Jan 2013
        • 341

        Originally posted by Chaos47
        Check out the link in my sig.

        Yes thumbhole stocks are a feature on a semiautomatic centerfire rifle.
        Thanks! Exactly the list I was looking for something that defines featureless
        THERE'S A THIN LINE BETWEEN GOOD & EVIL

        Comment

        • #5
          glock_monster
          Member
          • Jan 2013
          • 341

          A featureless rifle seems like it would be uncomfortable to shoot
          THERE'S A THIN LINE BETWEEN GOOD & EVIL

          Comment

          • #6
            Xtracrispy
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2011
            • 1330

            It's definitely different, but I don't find it uncomfortable. It is definitely personal preference but I like having the regular mag release.

            Here is mine for reference. Notice I can't hold the Hammerhead grip like it was intended, more like a MonsterMan I imagine, with your thumb on the side of the rifle. I preferred it over a grip wrap mainly because it has been declared not a pistol grip by the DOJ(or ATF? I forget).

            FWIW, I find it easier to switch it from Safe to Fire with the Ambi-safety than in a normal configuration with a pistol grip.
            The actual value of above $.02 is less than $.01 after taxes.

            Originally posted by fighterpilot562
            I love meat. All in my mouth. Juices flowing down my mouth. And Id swallow

            Comment

            • #7
              hellayella
              Calguns Addict
              • Sep 2012
              • 5578

              Originally posted by glock_monster
              A featureless rifle seems like it would be uncomfortable to shoot
              it's ugly and retarded, but hey, that's the law in Calif!!

              Comment

              • #8
                Chaos47
                Calguns Addict
                • Apr 2010
                • 6615

                They are not as bad as you would think.
                I use grip wraps on my rifles. I would much rather be able to use my +10 magazines and change them easily then to go for looks and use a magazine lock.

                Comment

                • #9
                  wild_weasel
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 1257

                  I built up a S&W lower with an A2 stock and grip sleeve, but uppers dried up before I could finish my A2 build. For the time being I added the muzzle break I bought to the upper of my S&W Sport and swap it onto the “featureless” lower if I want a rifle with a real magazine release. I can also use Vietnam Era 20 round M-16 magazines from my vast collection of useless crap legally if I choose. So far I find the featureless configuration awkward to handle and prefer the Sport lower with bullet button.
                  sigpic
                  Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    glock_monster
                    Member
                    • Jan 2013
                    • 341

                    Originally posted by hellayella
                    it's ugly and retarded, but hey, that's the law in Calif!!
                    Lol! Ca sucks besides the scenery and the weather.haha
                    THERE'S A THIN LINE BETWEEN GOOD & EVIL

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      wsmc27
                      Senior Member
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 1654

                      Originally posted by Chaos47
                      They are not as bad as you would think.
                      I use grip wraps on my rifles. I would much rather be able to use my +10 magazines and change them easily then to go for looks and use a magazine lock.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        morfeeis
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Apr 2010
                        • 7605



                        Here is a photo of mine in action, there is another set of photo's in my sig. I will admit that it did take some time getting use to the grip and the stance, but after a while it becomes second nature. I am building another AR right now and it too will be featureless. the benefits far outway the drawbacks.
                        ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
                        Originally posted by Ayn Rand
                        You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          mshill
                          Veteran Member
                          • Dec 2012
                          • 4484

                          Originally posted by glock_monster
                          Lol! Ca sucks besides the scenery and the weather.haha
                          And my high paying job. As far as your commnet about featureless rifles being uncomfortable, have a look at the FRS-15 stock. More like the feel of a real rifle. Looks a little different but I love mine.

                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Gutz
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                            • Jan 2013
                            • 4127

                            Get a BB... Featureless = GAY
                            1A - 2A= -1A :(

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              E92335i
                              Veteran Member
                              • Mar 2013
                              • 2937

                              AR=BB
                              AK=Featureless

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1