Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

M1 Carbine feed problem

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • everyreggie
    Member
    • Dec 2011
    • 116

    M1 Carbine feed problem

    I am hoping someone here can help me out! I have a universal M1 Carbine with a feed problem! First let me say that this was my first rifle way back when and I love it so please don't say to sell it and get a GI one!
    Here is the problem, if I don't hold the magazine up in the mag well when firing, the bolt doesn't pick up the next round. I have tried old mags and new ones and the problem persists. Any ideas on how to fix this?
    Any help is appreciated in advance!
  • #2
    Grumpyoldretiredcop
    Calguns Addict
    • Sep 2008
    • 6437

    Try the thread linked here, especially post #15.
    I'm retired. That's right, retired. I don't want to hear about the cop who stopped you today or how you didn't think you should get a ticket. That just makes me grumpy!

    Comment

    • #3
      stormvet
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Mar 2010
      • 12681

      A new mag release, sounds like its no longer holding the mag high/tight enough for the bolt to catch the round. Or your bolt is jumping over, may not be such an easy fix if this is the case.
      Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.

      Comment

      • #4
        everyreggie
        Member
        • Dec 2011
        • 116

        Thanks will try!

        Comment

        • #5
          xrayoneone
          Member
          • Oct 2012
          • 359

          I'll chime in here with one thing I failed to mention. When it comes to bolt jump on the Universals check the slide to barrel fit. Universal used two different styles on the non-GI pattern. One was rounded for the round barrels and the other was square for square barrels. One may fit the other but they do not interchange. Also inspect the slide for any cracks where the bolt rides. If it is cracked go to www.gunbroker.com and purchase one from BKHOSE. He knows what he is doing with his replacement parts.

          Comment

          • #6
            ar15barrels
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jan 2006
            • 57182

            Originally posted by everyreggie
            I am hoping someone here can help me out! I have a universal M1 Carbine with a feed problem! First let me say that this was my first rifle way back when and I love it so please don't say to sell it and get a GI one!
            Here is the problem, if I don't hold the magazine up in the mag well when firing, the bolt doesn't pick up the next round. I have tried old mags and new ones and the problem persists. Any ideas on how to fix this?
            Any help is appreciated in advance!
            I ran into this once on a universal.
            The solution was to replace the trigger housing as the mag release was in the wrong location.
            Replacing just the mag release did not fix it.
            Randall Rausch

            AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
            Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
            Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
            Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
            Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1