Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

NIKON SCOPE HELP

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Evil homer
    Member
    • Jun 2012
    • 321

    NIKON SCOPE HELP

    Hay guys im done with my AR build just need a nice scope to kill some coyotes
    at around 300yards or more
    saw nikon has a 100$ off promo any ideas of which would be ideal for such task?
    PRICE RANG FROM 150-300$ THANKS GUYS

    or Diff scope around that rang would also be nice
    Last edited by Evil homer; 02-20-2013, 3:55 PM.
    SIG226 MK 25
    SIG226 SCORPION
    KAHR CW9
    SIG MOSQUITO
    22 BOBCAT
    795 MARLIN
    SPR SPIKES BUILT0
    Noveske AR pistol
  • #2
    kens
    Member
    • Dec 2012
    • 249

    I just got a nikon prostaff, I like it - I didn't get their special reticle, I just got their nikoflex (standard reticle). Its very clear and crisp and the eye relief is around 4 inches I think. Its really easy to change your elevation and windage and you can preset your zero. The zoom dial moves pretty easily but not so much as to move on its own during shooting. I haven't had any problems, I put it on QD mount and haven't had any problems and it didn't break my wallet

    Comment

    • #3
      UserM4
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2010
      • 1687

      I've had a Nikon Buckmaster 6-18x40 for 4 or 5 years. Even now, I still consider it an excellent scope for the money. It's so clear that I can make out .22 holes at 100yards.

      Now, everyone's needs for an optic may vary. There's a lot to consider as far as features. But if this looks alright to you, I say, don't hesitate. And I'm not being brand myopic either.

      While we're here arguing about the latest high tech running shoes, there's some Kenyan out there running barefoot. Guess who's gonna win the marathon?

      Comment

      • #4
        robert101
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2009
        • 1997

        I agree 100% with UserM4. I too purchased the same Buckmaster, placed it on my LR308 and proceeded to shoot the snot out of it. Good clarity, excellant versitility, tough as nails and does range finding with the mildot reticle. The mildot reticle is available from Bass Pro shop.

        Comment

        • #5
          B!ngo
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2012
          • 741

          Agreed as well. For the money, Nikon makes excellent glass. Yes, some others (e.g. Vortex) may have some more features that are appealing, but in the lower and mid price ranges, the most important feature (to me at least) is the quality of the glass. Nikon are expert in this regard.
          B

          Comment

          • #6
            Guapoh
            Member
            • Jun 2010
            • 492

            Own 3 - 2 Pro Staff BDC 4-9X40's and 1 Monarch BDC SF 4-14.5. Both great. Nikon's BDC is awesome. One of my cheap Pro Staffs is mounted on my NM M1A and I can bang a 4" group at 600 yards through that little BDC circle. Not bad for $150. I keep thinking I should put a $1600 Leupold on it since it is a $2500 rifle but it works just fine with the budget Nikon:

            Wilson Combat; Dan Wesson; LWRC; Sako; Springfield Armory; Sig Sauer; Benelli; Remington; Ruger
            sigpic

            Comment

            • #7
              skohl
              Member
              • Jun 2012
              • 223

              Nikon Scope for under $300

              I just bought a Monarch 4-16 x 42 with the BDC reticle from SWFA for $299. Haven't had a chance to mount it on my AR yet. I also have a Buckmaster 4-12 x 50 with BDC on my 308 that I found last year for under $300 and am very happy wih it.

              Comment

              • #8
                sfm12
                Member
                • Sep 2011
                • 293

                I have a Nikon Buckmaster on my Savage 204. I love it. It's a 6 x 19
                Last edited by sfm12; 02-20-2013, 9:37 PM.
                NRA Life Member

                Comment

                • #9
                  sholling
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Sep 2007
                  • 10360

                  Nikon has different grades of scopes.
                  • Prostaff/P223/P22 are their entry level (cheap) product lines.
                  • Buckmaster is their midlevel product line with better construction and better glass and coatings.
                  • Monarch and their M223 are their premium product lines with still better glass and coatings and better low light performance.
                  • Monarch "Gold" is the super premium line.


                  If you just want a good but inexpensive scope I'd look at the Buckmaster line or take advantage of Natchez's sale on Weaver products. A Weaver Classic V like the V10 2-10x38 is their equivalent to a Nikon Buckmaster 3-9x40. A Weaver Grand Slam 3-10x40 is the equivalent to Nikon's Monarch 2.5-10x42.

                  If you want something a bit more powerful then a Weaver V16 4-16x42 or better yet a Grand Slam 4.5-14x40 or a Nikon Monarch 4-16x42SF are great choices and thanks to the sale still fit your budget or almost fit it. The above Nikon would be my first choice especially if you can find a better price.
                  Last edited by sholling; 02-20-2013, 9:38 PM.
                  "Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." --FREDERIC BASTIAT--

                  Proud Life Member: National Rifle Association, the Second Amendment Foundation, and the California Rifle & Pistol Association

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    E-120
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2008
                    • 1664

                    I bought the Nikon Monarch 4x16 by 42 last week for my AR. Just waiting on the LaRue scope mounts to come.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      freonr22
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 12948

                      Have the monarch 4-16 x 42 with sf. I'm not a scope guru but super nice.
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by dantodd
                      We will win. We are right. We will never stop fighting.
                      Originally posted by bwiese
                      They don't believe it's possible, but then Alison didn't believe there'd be 350K - 400K OLLs in CA either.
                      Originally posted by louisianagirl
                      Our fate is ours alone to decide as long as we remain armed heavily enough to dictate it.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        negolien
                        Veteran Member
                        • Sep 2010
                        • 4829

                        I also have a Buckmaster it's 4.5-14 x40...There is the m-223 and the p-223 series of low magnification scopes.
                        "Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

                        George Orwell

                        http://www.AnySoldier.com

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Wrangler John
                          Senior Member
                          • Oct 2009
                          • 1799

                          Buy a real scope. My Nikon Monarch's sit in my safe for emergency use only. The optical quality isn't up to snuff. Low contrast, poor focus, washed out image, really big difference if viewed side by side with Leupold, Bushnell Elite, Burris, high-end Weavers, or Clearidge.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            negolien
                            Veteran Member
                            • Sep 2010
                            • 4829

                            LOL monarch is one of Nikons premier scopes bud. Way better than Bushnell, Burris and Weaver imho. For the price Nikon has some very nice optics.
                            "Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

                            George Orwell

                            http://www.AnySoldier.com

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Trash
                              Junior Member
                              • Feb 2009
                              • 26

                              Although slightly out of the price range the Nikon M223 is a really nice piece.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1