Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Stripped Lower

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • glock17_1986
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2011
    • 653

    Stripped Lower

    Hey guys I was wondering what you guys think about this lower



    I know it is going to be a while before they are actually available. But I wanted to know what your guys over all thought is.

    Thanks
  • #2
    glock17_1986
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2011
    • 653

    info please

    Comment

    • #3
      bigbully
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2008
      • 1904

      Most lowers are going to be very similar in quality. Really just comes down to whether you prefer billet or forged and if you like the roll mark. Not sure what the durability of laser engraving is. I'd be more worried about the fact that they charge you now, but don't deliver till June 30th!

      Comment

      • #4
        glock17_1986
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2011
        • 653

        Thanks for your reply. I am trying to get a stripped lower. The thing I like about the this lower is the company will refund your money any time you like and also if the ban goes into effect before they can get it out to you then you get all your money back. This was the cheapest one I could find. I emailed them and they expect april or may. I just hate that you have to wait so long but JD machine said they are delayed and spikes said they are delayed 8-12 months. I cant justify spending more than 275 for a stripped lower.

        Comment

        • #5
          bigbully
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2008
          • 1904

          yeah probably not bad if they truly will refund your money and there's no "restocking fee". You could keep looking and see what you find in the meantime. Somehow I would think that we will no the outcome of a ban by then. Not sure where you're located but my local shops in SoCal have been getting lowers in more frequently. Turners is taking orders on Franklin Armory lowers now. Riflegear had some Mega Arms lowers in today.

          Comment

          • #6
            glock17_1986
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2011
            • 653

            Hey I appreciate that. I am located in san Bernardino county. How much are they asking for the lowers you mentioned. Could they back out of a refund. I mean if they are stating that they will openly and publically don't they have to stick to that? I would think it would be false advertising.

            Comment

            • #7
              bigbully
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2008
              • 1904

              Turner's has been getting a pretty steady flow of lowers from different manufacturers. Two weeks ago they had Palmetto State Armory Lowers, last week was Franklin Armory billet and Mega Arms forged lowers. This week Franklin Armory forged lowers. All of the forged lowers have been $159. The billet ones were $279 I think. Mega Arms lowers were up today at Riflegear for $149 but very briefly.

              I'm not saying they wouldn't necessarily refund you, but it could prove to be difficult to have them do so or take a very long time to do so. I am always hesitant to give someone money in advance for a product to be delivered far down the road. It makes me think of the Jack Ross ammo debacle where they spend all your money now for a product they don't have yet. If you have a good credit card company then you're fine, but keep in mind that most credit cards have limitations on how long after a purchase you can fight a charge. Most being 60 days I think or possibly 90 days. So if they charge you now and come back 4-5 months from now and say sorry we couldn't do it or they go under then you are SOL. I know this from experience.

              Comment

              • #8
                glock17_1986
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2011
                • 653

                Thank you for the info I appreciate your help. Also thank you for info on lowers. The ones going for 159 are those polymer?

                Comment

                • #9
                  bigbully
                  Senior Member
                  • Feb 2008
                  • 1904

                  Nope. Standard aluminum lowers. I don't know much about Franklin Armory, but I saw one at Turner's today. Appeared to be a decent lower. Here's info on the Mega Arms lower. link

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Mesa Defense
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 2172

                    FA makes nice lowers and are one of us, inside the iron curtain. Their 308 pattern lowers are very nice as well as available in different colors. Ammo Bros selling them. Wes at Ten Percent sells them to. That dude is a fashionable guy..........
                    Last edited by Mesa Defense; 01-30-2013, 12:35 AM.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1