Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

AR10 Question(s)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bigdawg86
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2012
    • 3554

    AR10 Question(s)

    Ok I am getting a Quentin Defense 80% AR10 and I am confused about parts interchangeability. Can someone verify / answer these questions? I have searched and found some answers, but these remain.

    You can simply answer yes or no, explain need be.

    1.) QD AR10's are DPMS Style lowers

    2.) Armalite AR10 LPK vs DPMS AR10 LPK are interchangeable, but the uppers and magazines are not.

    3.) AR10 BCG will fit either DPMS or Armalite style uppers

    4.) QD AR10's use standard mil-spec AR15 buffer tubes, but spring and buffer are different.
  • #2
    alouisf02
    Member
    • Oct 2012
    • 230

    Originally posted by bigdawg86
    Ok I am getting a Quentin Defense 80% AR10 and I am confused about parts interchangeability. Can someone verify / answer these questions? I have searched and found some answers, but these remain.

    You can simply answer yes or no, explain need be.

    1.) QD AR10's are DPMS Style lowers

    Yes

    2.) Armalite AR10 LPK vs DPMS AR10 LPK are interchangeable, but the uppers and magazines are not.

    3.) AR10 BCG will fit either DPMS or Armalite style uppers

    I believe bolts are different, have have to correct bcg for matching barrel afaik

    4.) QD AR10's use standard mil-spec AR15 buffer tubes, but spring and buffer are different.

    Yes.
    Somebody correct me if I'm wrong as well.

    Sent from my 6.8 SPC side charger

    Comment

    • #3
      ar15barrels
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jan 2006
      • 57175

      Bolt carriers are interchangeable.
      Bolts are supposed to be, but may not be in some cases.
      Check the headspace for both minim and maximum spec when swapping 308 bolts between different manufacturers.

      For rifle stocks, you use a standard rifle buffer tube.
      For carbine stocks, there are extended carbine tubes that run an extra heavy ar-15 length carbine buffer or there are short length carbine buffers that allow you to run an ar-15 length carbine buffer tube.
      Make sure your parts are compatible of problems will ensue...
      Last edited by ar15barrels; 01-23-2013, 1:36 AM.
      Randall Rausch

      AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
      Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
      Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
      Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
      Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1