Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Zero-ing Newbie. Please help.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jcaliburr
    Junior Member
    • Sep 2012
    • 83

    Zero-ing Newbie. Please help.

    I would like to learn how to zero in my carry handle sights and learn the functions of each adjustment knob. Can someone point me in the right direction? At this point I know nothing.
  • #2
    m16
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2010
    • 2527

    Do a search for "improved battlesight zero" and you'll find several threads on different forums that explain everything in great detail.

    I myself prefer a 100 yard zero but I don't use rear sights with elevation adjustments.

    Edited to fix typo
    Last edited by m16; 12-05-2012, 1:52 PM.
    Marine Raider Foundation

    Comment

    • #3
      P.Charm
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2011
      • 1522

      look on youtube on how to zero an AR. everything is on youtube these days. I find it hard to ask questions anymore with you tube having all the answers.
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        1000stars
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2012
        • 879

        Shoot it @ 100yds. Someone at the range had 2 brand new out of the box with carry handles and found out it was already zeroed @100yds.

        He let me shoot both and yes they were zeroed.
        sigpic
        NRA Life Member
        CRPA Life Member

        Comment

        • #5
          jcaliburr
          Junior Member
          • Sep 2012
          • 83

          Originally posted by m16
          Do a search for "improved battlesight zero" and you'll find several threads on different forums that explain everything in great detail.

          I myself prefer a 100 yard zero but I don't use rear sights with elevation adjustments.

          Edited to fix typo
          Thank you sir. This was very helpful.

          Originally posted by P.Charm
          look on youtube on how to zero an AR. everything is on youtube these days. I find it hard to ask questions anymore with you tube having all the answers.
          Maybe I need to work on my search "wording". I wasn't able to find any videos with what I was looking for.

          Originally posted by 1000stars
          Shoot it @ 100yds. Someone at the range had 2 brand new out of the box with carry handles and found out it was already zeroed @100yds.

          He let me shoot both and yes they were zeroed.
          My Stag Arms was zeroed from factory as well, but I removed the carry handle to play with a scope. Best case scenerio, it will need minor adjustment. But since I'm gonna own this "tool" (and a few more to come as my addiction is growing) I better know as much as possible about it.

          Comment

          • #6
            Enfield47
            Calguns Addict
            • Sep 2012
            • 6385

            jcaliburr here is good video for you on zeroing your rifle to a mechanical zero http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5QCGWYfHWk

            Comment

            • #7
              23's Dad
              Senior Member
              • Jun 2010
              • 502

              This may help



              You may need to find a 25M BZO target, or make due with something else, but the procedure is there. It also addresses your questions about the direction to turn the knobs.

              Here's a good chart that explains why 25M :


              Here's a good thread:

              Comment

              • #8
                a1rfreshener
                Member
                • Jan 2012
                • 158

                first rifle is a black rifle? lucky! mine was a 10/22 haha

                Comment

                • #9
                  jcaliburr
                  Junior Member
                  • Sep 2012
                  • 83

                  Originally posted by Enfield47
                  jcaliburr here is good video for you on zeroing your rifle to a mechanical zero http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5QCGWYfHWk
                  Very helpful. Thank you.

                  Originally posted by 23's Dad
                  http://www.armystudyguide.com/conten...a2-rifle.shtml

                  You may need to find a 25M BZO target, or make due with something else, but the procedure is there. It also addresses your questions about the direction to turn the knobs.

                  Here's a good chart that explains why 25M :


                  Here's a good thread:
                  http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...&highlight=BZO
                  Thank you!

                  Originally posted by a1rfreshener
                  first rifle is a black rifle? lucky! mine was a 10/22 haha
                  Yes sir. Haha. Hope you've upgraded by now.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1