Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

BB or featureless?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    MonsterMan
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • May 2006
    • 1526

    But you can't use your 30 round mags.
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." -Han Solo

    Comment

    • #32
      inda_bebe
      Member
      • Jun 2007
      • 335

      damn, i need a muzzle break tonight. Please someone have one available in O.C.
      WTB: front flip sight/ gas block... Flat top upper receiver.

      Comment

      • #33
        shark92651
        Vendor/Retailer
        • Oct 2006
        • 5431

        Originally posted by inda_bebe
        damn, i need a muzzle break tonight. Please someone have one available in O.C.
        I have YHM Phantom muzzle brakes, both flat and agressive end. I'm in Newport Coast. Do you need to pick it up tonight or will tomorrow be ok?
        sigpic
        www.riflegear.com

        Comment

        • #34
          hawk1
          In Memoriam
          • Dec 2005
          • 7555

          Nope, and can't use the twenty's either... 10 round max
          sigpicNRA LIFE MEMBER

          Comment

          • #35
            JayRuff
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2008
            • 690

            If looks matter to you, go with a BB But then again, it would be allot cooler to use 30 round mags

            Comment

            • #36
              inda_bebe
              Member
              • Jun 2007
              • 335

              dave, i was gonna give you a call. but i dont get off from the hospital till 7am.
              WTB: front flip sight/ gas block... Flat top upper receiver.

              Comment

              • #37
                aplinker
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Feb 2007
                • 16762

                You could've come by Randall's (AR15barrels). He's got a drawer full of every comp/brake you could think of. Was just at his place tonight.

                Google Map of OLL Dealers

                List of CA-friendly Manufacturers, Dealers, Middlemen, and Magazine rebuild kit dealers
                Click me-->So you're a n00b and you want to build an AR? <--Click me
                This post is based on actual events. Some facts may be altered for dramatic purposes. All posts are pure opinion. All persons, living and dead, are purely coincidental, and should not be construed.

                Comment

                • #38
                  ar15barrels
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jan 2006
                  • 57182

                  Featureless for sure.
                  Buying/using 10 round mags when you don't HAVE to is just stupid.

                  And I'll donate a simple Stag brake to the project if Kestryll wants to come over...
                  Last edited by ar15barrels; 03-23-2008, 12:25 PM.
                  Randall Rausch

                  AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                  Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                  Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                  Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                  Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    blisster
                    Senior Member
                    • Jan 2008
                    • 2337

                    so legally owned, pre-ban hi-cap mags can't be used with an otherwise CA-complaint (BB or P50) pistol-grip equipped AR?
                    Originally posted by Edward Abbey
                    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.
                    Originally posted by W.H. Auden
                    I and the public know
                    What all schoolchildren learn,
                    Those to whom evil is done
                    Do evil in return.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      ar15barrels
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Jan 2006
                      • 57182

                      Originally posted by blisster
                      so legally owned, pre-ban hi-cap mags can't be used with an otherwise CA-complaint (BB or P50) pistol-grip equipped AR?
                      You can not use legally owned large capacity magazines in a "featured" rifle.
                      Randall Rausch

                      AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                      Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                      Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                      Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                      Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        aplinker
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Feb 2007
                        • 16762

                        Originally posted by blisster
                        so legally owned, pre-ban hi-cap mags can't be used with an otherwise CA-complaint (BB or P50) pistol-grip equipped AR?


                        Think about why the use of the BB or P50 allows features - because it makes it a "fixed magazine" rifle with a magazine capacity of no more than 10rds.

                        If you stuck a mag with more than that into a BB build, even without any other features, you'd have an assault weapons, as "fixed magazine with more than 10rds" is an AW.

                        Google Map of OLL Dealers

                        List of CA-friendly Manufacturers, Dealers, Middlemen, and Magazine rebuild kit dealers
                        Click me-->So you're a n00b and you want to build an AR? <--Click me
                        This post is based on actual events. Some facts may be altered for dramatic purposes. All posts are pure opinion. All persons, living and dead, are purely coincidental, and should not be construed.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          blisster
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2008
                          • 2337

                          ahhhh, riiight. I had to go back and re-read the verbage, now i see. Thanks!
                          Originally posted by Edward Abbey
                          A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.
                          Originally posted by W.H. Auden
                          I and the public know
                          What all schoolchildren learn,
                          Those to whom evil is done
                          Do evil in return.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            wearemisled
                            Junior Member
                            • Jun 2007
                            • 60

                            I have the same issue that I am debating right now. I want all those beautiful "evil" features but was lucky enough to buy five pre-ban 30 round AR mags and twelve 40 round Mini-14 mags (bought so many because I already owned the Mini) back in 1999, in right before the ban (smartest thing I ever did now that we have OLL's). So I guess I am going to have to bite the bullet and build two AR's.
                            Last edited by wearemisled; 03-25-2008, 12:51 AM.

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              dragonbait1a
                              Senior Member
                              • Apr 2006
                              • 596

                              Featureless! If it was a target gun I may have a different opinion but 16" BBL = Detachable Mags to me!

                              YMMV

                              RGB
                              Survival and Shooting Blog

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1