Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Daniel Defense MFR 12.0 problem help!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • smittty
    Calguns Addict
    • Feb 2008
    • 6268

    Daniel Defense MFR 12.0 problem help!

    I just installed the DD MFR 12.0 free float tube on my rifle and I can't seem to get it aligned with the barrel. It's off center more than my rear sight can adjust for.

    I reinstalled it several times, played adjusting the alignment with the angled install screws but no success.

    If anyone has a solution please share!

    In the mean time I plan to call DD tomorrow to get their suggestions.

    Considering it's a pricey part/upgrade I expected it to be perfect but instead I'm disappointed :-(
  • #2
    jsipe007
    Member
    • Mar 2012
    • 447

    Can you post pics?

    Comment

    • #3
      rocketsci
      Member
      • Jul 2010
      • 119

      Yeah, pics would be helpful.

      In their absence, I'm guessing that you're saying that the bore axis isn't aligned with the "axis" of the MFR. I didn't have that particular issue with mine, but it sounds to me like it may be a problem with the barrel nut, not the hand guard. Machined wrong, or cross-threaded perhaps?

      Comment

      • #4
        smittty
        Calguns Addict
        • Feb 2008
        • 6268

        I called DD and they are having me send the upper and they will correct it.

        I think the U shape collar inside the tube isn't true. When I slide the tube on against the barrel nut the tube rocks. I don't think it should do that. Tightening the screws eliminates the rocking but it wants to push the tune towards the right...barrel off center to the left by a lot. This is windage error and I can only assume the vertical is also going to be affected.

        I'm sending it in to DD and I hope they return it installed with perfect alignment.

        I'm very precise/careful/etc. about how I build and assemble my rifles and if this is typical of this tube I can only assume that it's not a DIY installation. It's fine of your using a recever mounted optic but for rail mounted iron sights it's definitely not.

        I hope it comes back perfect.

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1