Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Question on A2-style muzzle brakes

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • nick
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Aug 2008
    • 19152

    Question on A2-style muzzle brakes

    I have a rifle-length BCM upper that I'm planning to use in a featureless configuration. I'd like to keep the look somewhat authentic with an A2-style muzzle brake. So, what are my options? I know EGW makes an A2-style muzzle brake (which goes for almost $60). Who else makes one?
    DiaHero Foundation - helping people manage diabetes. Sending diabetes supplies to Ukraine now, any help is appreciated.

    DDR AK furniture and Norinco M14 parts kit: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1756292
    sigpic
  • #2
    CIV Tactical
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2011
    • 1350

    check out www.brownells.com . I believe they offer one from DPMS for around 30 bucks.

    Comment

    • #3
      nick
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Aug 2008
      • 19152

      Originally posted by CIV Tactical
      check out www.brownells.com . I believe they offer one from DPMS for around 30 bucks.
      Thanks, but looks like they only have this one for $60:



      I looked up the DMPS A2 muzzle brake, and it looks like just what I need. However, I can't find it in stock anywhere. I can't even find it on backorder
      DiaHero Foundation - helping people manage diabetes. Sending diabetes supplies to Ukraine now, any help is appreciated.

      DDR AK furniture and Norinco M14 parts kit: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1756292
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        nick
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        CGN Contributor
        • Aug 2008
        • 19152

        But MIdway had it Their search sucks, I had to use Google search to search their website to find it.
        DiaHero Foundation - helping people manage diabetes. Sending diabetes supplies to Ukraine now, any help is appreciated.

        DDR AK furniture and Norinco M14 parts kit: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1756292
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          CIV Tactical
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2011
          • 1350

          Awesome. Ive used that one before for featurless clients. Works well and is fairly decently priced

          Comment

          • #6
            gun toting monkeyboy
            Calguns Addict
            • Aug 2008
            • 6820



            Brownells sells this one but it is on back order.

            -mb
            Originally posted by aplinker
            It's OK not to post when you have no clue what you're talking about.

            Comment

            • #7
              Fate
              Calguns Addict
              • Apr 2006
              • 9545

              I'd be leery of the DPMS A2 style comp. Those endpieces are welded (sometimes poorly) onto a regular A2 flash suppressor. The ends have been known to blow off during use and thus creating an assault weapon under CA statute.

              Kurts Kustom Firearms used to sell a fake flash hider before he died. They're out of business now, but you might find one on the second hand market. It looks like an A2, but didn't have the slots milled all the way thru and was thus only a barrel extension.
              sigpic "On bended knee is no way to be free." - Eddie Vedder, "Guaranteed"

              "Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." -Thomas Jefferson
              , in a letter to his nephew Peter Carr dated August 19, 1785

              Comment

              • #8
                nick
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                CGN Contributor
                • Aug 2008
                • 19152

                Originally posted by Fate
                I'd be leery of the DPMS A2 style comp. Those endpieces are welded (sometimes poorly) onto a regular A2 flash suppressor. The ends have been known to blow off during use and thus creating an assault weapon under CA statute.

                Kurts Kustom Firearms used to sell a fake flash hider before he died. They're out of business now, but you might find one on the second hand market. It looks like an A2, but didn't have the slots milled all the way thru and was thus only a barrel extension.
                Well, that's good to know

                I've already ordered it, so let's see what I'll get.
                DiaHero Foundation - helping people manage diabetes. Sending diabetes supplies to Ukraine now, any help is appreciated.

                DDR AK furniture and Norinco M14 parts kit: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1756292
                sigpic

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1