Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Varmint

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Dragon
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2006
    • 960

    Varmint

    Thinking of getting a Rock River Varmint or their Predator Pursuit in 223 wylde chamber. what do you think?

    Who else should I look at ?


    Thanks.
    "I will not buy ammo from the private ammo sellers,it only encourages them to keep buying ,and reselling the ammo they bought from WAL-MART at 2-3 times what they bought it for"!
  • #2
    captbilly
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2010
    • 836

    I have an 18" rock river varmint, very accurate

    I have had a rock river varmint with 18" barrel and mid length gas system. I have the rock river match trigger and millett trs-1 scope and bipod and PRS stock. With HSM 69gr smk match ammo I can shoot 0.5 - 0.6 moa 10 shot groups. There are ARs that will shoot better but for an inexpensive rifle the RR varmint is excellent. By the way, I have never had a single malfunction with the rifle, although I have never had a malfunction with any other AR either.

    Comment

    • #3
      KIDRR
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2007
      • 1266

      I have the predator pursuit upper. It's super accurate . It's a little heavy for my liking but it certainly gets the job done. Some people have been getting that RRA Coyote Carbine because of the reduced weight. Apparently it will shoot around .4 with match ammo.

      Guess it just depends on what you are going to do with it. Bench rest gun I'd definitely go with the predator pursuit, hunting all day carrying it around I might look at the Coyote
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        Dragon
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2006
        • 960

        Thanks again guys!
        "I will not buy ammo from the private ammo sellers,it only encourages them to keep buying ,and reselling the ammo they bought from WAL-MART at 2-3 times what they bought it for"!

        Comment

        • #5
          GJC
          Senior Member
          • Apr 2009
          • 1864

          I have RRA 2 stage match trigger and JP yellow springs on my hunting AR. Awesome
          sigpic Rifleman Jan 31 2010
          Have You tried an Appleseed Lately? http://www.appleseedinfo.org/
          NRA Life Member

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1