Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Marlin Camp 9 buffer disentigated.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Springfield45
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2008
    • 2426

    Marlin Camp 9 buffer disentigated.

    I went out shooting today and decided to take my Marlin Camp 9 seance it has not seen much range time for awhile. It shot great but had few miss-fires. Then I pull the bolt back and it locks up and will not move. After a bit of conjolling I get it free and see little peases of plastic dropping out of the bottom. Then I noticed that the hammer is not locking back with the bolt.

    So I get it back home and take it apart and the entire buffer is powdered. I just looked on line and Midway has new buffers for 9 bucks. I am going to order several so I have some spare ones. It would appear that those buffers are only good for 5000 rounds or 17 years old, witch ever comes first. Good news is there is no damage to the rifle other wise.

    So if anyone has a Marlin camp carbine 9/45 cheak your buffers often.
  • #2
    peacedivision
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2012
    • 1717

    Just replaced the buffer & recoil spring on a buddies camp 9, and he has a new stock on the way (original was cracked just behind the receiver)

    Comment

    • #3
      dfletcher
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Dec 2006
      • 14811

      When I bought my older used one I immediately went to the range, shot off a few mags of ammo. Hmm, what's all this white chunky stuff falling out of the action ....?
      GOA Member & SAF Life Member

      Comment

      • #4
        sigstroker
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jan 2009
        • 19890

        There's no locking on the bolt, it's straight blowback. The gun takes a beating.

        Comment

        • #5
          nick
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Aug 2008
          • 19152

          Check out Blackjack buffers, and you might want to upgrade to a heavier recoil spring. I did that to both Camp 9 and 45, and haven't had any such issues. You'll save the stock with a heavier spring, too.
          DiaHero Foundation - helping people manage diabetes. Sending diabetes supplies to Ukraine now, any help is appreciated.

          DDR AK furniture and Norinco M14 parts kit: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1756292
          sigpic

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1