Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

CMMG got it wrong!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Nikola
    Member
    • Dec 2007
    • 228

    CMMG got it wrong!!

    The upper I ordered came today, and you all can imagine my happiness when the nice delivery man knocked on my door. I opened the package, and it was completely wrong!

    I ordered a very basic 20-inch A2 upper half. What they sent me was a 14.7 inch flattop upper with a permanent Vortex flash hider. The invoice in the box had my correct order on it, but someone screwed it up completely!

    Has this happened to anyone else? I called them immediately, and the lady said someone would call me back tomorrow. I hope this is a fluke...
    GO BRUINS!!!
  • #2
    rksimple
    Calguns Addict
    • Jan 2006
    • 6257

    I've read of it happening before unfortunately. Seems like it happens more often than it should. They're usually good at taking care of it quickly though.
    GAP Team Shooter 5

    Comment

    • #3
      Hoop
      Ready fo HILLARY!!
      • Apr 2007
      • 11544

      Free upgrade?

      Comment

      • #4
        dondo
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2006
        • 1887

        Mistakes happen and its always frustrating but I am sure they will make it right. Your not going to Irag or robbing banks this weekend are you?

        Comment

        • #5
          Nikola
          Member
          • Dec 2007
          • 228

          Originally posted by Hoop
          Free upgrade?
          I plan to ask.

          Originally posted by dondo
          Mistakes happen and its always frustrating but I am sure they will make it right. Your not going to Irag or robbing banks this weekend are you?
          I suppose I'm not. I was hoping to do some drive-by bayonetings, but I can wait.
          GO BRUINS!!!

          Comment

          • #6
            PIRATE14
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2005
            • 3189

            They have new people on staff......

            We got some stuff and well.......we had some new people.....so shipped the wrong stuff.....hard to get mad at my new guys since...well that's what the their invoice said.....not everyone is an expert......

            CMMG will get it right........no need to panic.....
            CHECKOUT...http://cwstactical.com FOR ALL YOUR CALIFORNIA LEGAL AR-AK-HK RIFLES and BUILDS...

            CWS....WE CAN GO HOT ANYTIME....

            CALIFORNICATION AT IT'S BEST...

            BRD....BLACK RIFLE DISEASE.......SPREAD IT!!!!!!!!!

            Comment

            • #7
              cobra198
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2007
              • 854

              Awww man, thats a bummer! Talk about torture! Im sure they will make it right tho.

              Comment

              • #8
                hitman13
                Veteran Member
                • Sep 2007
                • 3793

                i suggest that instead of tracing it back for the right one you find someone on here to buy a new one in the model that you suggested and trade it to you.


                that is if the one your received is a higher price than the one you want.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Sydwaiz
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 2003
                  • 3557

                  Sound like an excuse to buy another lower to me!
                  ____________________________________

                  A government is a body of people usually notably ungoverned.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Nikola
                    Member
                    • Dec 2007
                    • 228

                    Originally posted by Sydwaiz
                    Sound like an excuse to buy another lower to me!
                    Erg...student budget. Don't tempt me!

                    Originally posted by hitman13
                    i suggest that instead of tracing it back for the right one you find someone on here to buy a new one in the model that you suggested and trade it to you.


                    that is if the one your received is a higher price than the one you want.
                    Good thought, but the one I'm after is about a hundred dollars more.
                    GO BRUINS!!!

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Mr. Ed
                      Member
                      • Mar 2006
                      • 388

                      I'm still in the process of getting my upper from CMMG. The first time they sent the upper, it went to the WRONG place!!??? They were able to get it back somehow...and now I'm waiting for the upper to be sent to me.


                      I made my original order in mid-November.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Nikola
                        Member
                        • Dec 2007
                        • 228

                        Originally posted by Mr. Ed
                        I'm still in the process of getting my upper from CMMG. The first time they sent the upper, it went to the WRONG place!!??? They were able to get it back somehow...and now I'm waiting for the upper to be sent to me.


                        I made my original order in mid-November.
                        Oh, wow. Did you ask for some sort of complimentary upgrade?
                        GO BRUINS!!!

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          shark92651
                          Vendor/Retailer
                          • Oct 2006
                          • 5431

                          CMMG makes great stuff but it sounds like they are having some issues with shipping and billing. I have had my card charged for someone elses uppers (they caught it and corrected it before I was even aware of it though) and they have actually shipped some of my uppers to a different vendor. They corrected both of these errors but it sounds like it is a bit more common than I would have thought.
                          sigpic
                          www.riflegear.com

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Mr. Ed
                            Member
                            • Mar 2006
                            • 388

                            Originally posted by Nikola
                            Oh, wow. Did you ask for some sort of complimentary upgrade?
                            No. I just want my upper the way they advertised it. Nothing special....a lightweight middy upper.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              wildcard
                              Veteran Member
                              • Aug 2006
                              • 4924

                              I received a out of spec lower where they took it back and sent me a new one. Unfortunately, since they weren't willing to make me one with the same serial number, I had to transfer and DROS again. They didn't pay for all the costs of doing so and I ended up paying extra for their mistake.

                              I was also quoted a certain price for a barrel and my confirmation showed it. But then they decided it was the wrong price after I waited weeks for the barrel and essentially gave me the take it or leave it attitude.

                              I wouldn't expect any "bonus" even though they messed up and wasted your time.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1