Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Featureless AR with bipod

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jrr
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2009
    • 620

    Featureless AR with bipod

    Hi all, did a search and couldn't find any recent posts on topic...
    Does anyone have any input on whether a standard folding bipod, i.e. a Harris bipod, constitutes a vertical foregrip under the AWCA?

    Im guessing probably not, and I know there are a lot of M1A's running them. But an officer might look differently at an M1A with a Harris, vs. a featureless AR15 with one.

    Anyone seen any official opinions on this, any reports of someone getting hassled over one?

    Thanks all!
  • #2
    djleisure
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2008
    • 4734

    Bipod is good to go on featureless. There is wording in the PC that states something like "bipods excepted" - it specifically mentions bipods. I've even seen people add a bipod to their AR pistols, for this same reason - it is NOT a VFG. Hopefully someone can post the exact PC, because I'm not sure where it is right now.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    iTrader protip: When I buy something from you and I immediately pay, then my part is done. That's all I have to do. You can leave me iTrader feedback and go on with your life. When I get the item, I will leave you iTrader feedback, assuming you've already done your part. See how that works?

    Comment

    • #3
      Highsaw
      Junior Member
      • Jun 2012
      • 18

      Originally posted by djleisure
      Bipod is good to go on featureless. There is wording in the PC that states something like "bipods excepted" - it specifically mentions bipods. I've even seen people add a bipod to their AR pistols, for this same reason - it is NOT a VFG. Hopefully someone can post the exact PC, because I'm not sure where it is right now.
      thats great to hear! Im coming down to Cali next week with a featureless and a harris bipod mounted.

      Comment

      • #4
        Fate
        Calguns Addict
        • Apr 2006
        • 9545

        It's not in the penal code, but in the rulemaking documents that were created in the discussion prior to approval of the actual law. Specific items such as bipods, sling swivels, slings, magazines, rifle forearms and handstops are mentioned as disqualified from being considered a forward pistol grip.

        I reference the text in this post: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...8&postcount=58
        Last edited by Fate; 06-29-2012, 5:52 PM.
        sigpic "On bended knee is no way to be free." - Eddie Vedder, "Guaranteed"

        "Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." -Thomas Jefferson
        , in a letter to his nephew Peter Carr dated August 19, 1785

        Comment

        • #5
          BigJ
          Veteran Member
          • May 2010
          • 3172

          So does this apply to a Grip Pod System type device?
          "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." - Elmer Davis

          Comment

          • #6
            Scratch705
            I need a LIFE!!
            • May 2009
            • 12537

            Originally posted by BigJ
            So does this apply to a Grip Pod System type device?
            i would think not since the whole purpose of the grip pod is to function as both a forward pistol grip and a bipod. (also why mono-pod is a no-go on featureless since it can be gripped like a forward pistol grip)

            (this is after reading that thread in the 2nd Amend section with the letters to ATF http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=589687)
            Originally posted by leelaw
            Because -ohmigosh- they can add their opinions, too?
            Originally posted by SoCalSig1911
            Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
            Originally posted by PrepperGunShop
            Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).

            Comment

            • #7
              jrr
              Senior Member
              • Aug 2009
              • 620

              Sweet! Thanks gents, my SPR'ish build is down one more hurdle.

              Comment

              • #8
                mcisniper
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2011
                • 532

                Here is a pic of mine with Harris bipods. She's a tack driver.
                Attached Files
                sigpic
                01 FFL, Chula Vista, CA
                www.westcoastsurvivalarms.com
                info@westcoastsurvivalarms.com

                Comment

                • #9
                  Bobby Ricigliano
                  Mit Gott und Mauser
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Feb 2011
                  • 17439

                  AR pistol with a bipod.... ?

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    djleisure
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 2008
                    • 4734

                    Originally posted by Bobby Ricigliano
                    AR pistol with a bipod.... ?
                    Yep, technically it's legit.

                    Essentially the same thing as the Ruger Charger.
                    ------------------------------------------------------------
                    iTrader protip: When I buy something from you and I immediately pay, then my part is done. That's all I have to do. You can leave me iTrader feedback and go on with your life. When I get the item, I will leave you iTrader feedback, assuming you've already done your part. See how that works?

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Fate
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Apr 2006
                      • 9545

                      Definitely no go with the GripPod on a featureless. Those are FPGs first, bipods, second.
                      sigpic "On bended knee is no way to be free." - Eddie Vedder, "Guaranteed"

                      "Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." -Thomas Jefferson
                      , in a letter to his nephew Peter Carr dated August 19, 1785

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1