Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Problems with my AK?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BlackReef
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • 3616

    Problems with my AK?

    Whats going on guys. I just bought alot of winchester 7.62x39 ammo and loaded up all my magazines. I was doing some test cycles and on every mag I have besides my 10-rd, the bolt will stop short about 1" from closing, and the round is not fully loaded. Whats wierd is the 10-rdr the rounds load and cycle flawless. So I am assuming this is a mag problem? help please
  • #2
    BlackReef
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • 3616

    I should also note that the this is the first time the new steel magazines have been loaded onto the new AK. They were only used on an older MAK-90 many years ago. Also even though the magazine seats into the well, the mag lever doesnt seem to catch the mag tab completely like it does on the 10-rdr

    I can post a video if need be

    Comment

    • #3
      bohoki
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jan 2006
      • 20826

      none of my ak type rifles have ever been fed brass

      ive used norinco,barnaul,wolf,east german,kopp,golden tiger,random white box russian

      as to the mag not fitting right ive seen that happen on a few mags just file a bit to fit

      Comment

      • #4
        Blue
        Calguns Addict
        • Oct 2005
        • 8072

        I say fill the action with sand and see if that makes it run any better
        Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
        Let my aim be true and my hand faster
        than those who would seek to destroy me.
        Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
        Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
        And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home, let me die in an empty pile of brass.
        sigpic
        NRA Member

        Comment

        • #5
          oaklander
          Banned
          • May 2006
          • 11095

          Originally posted by King$nake
          I should also note that the this is the first time the new steel magazines have been loaded onto the new AK. They were only used on an older MAK-90 many years ago. Also even though the magazine seats into the well, the mag lever doesnt seem to catch the mag tab completely like it does on the 10-rdr

          I can post a video if need be
          You can file the catch on the mags - or file the mag release lever (or a little of both).

          The lever should seat fully on the mag, whatever you do. . .

          Comment

          • #6
            Blue
            Calguns Addict
            • Oct 2005
            • 8072

            Originally posted by oaklander
            You can file the catch on the mags - or file the mag release lever (or a little of both).

            The lever should seat fully on the mag, whatever you do. . .
            I had to file alittle bit of my receiver to get my mags to fit in. Right above the mag catch.
            Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
            Let my aim be true and my hand faster
            than those who would seek to destroy me.
            Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
            Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
            And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home, let me die in an empty pile of brass.
            sigpic
            NRA Member

            Comment

            • #7
              Timberland
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2006
              • 908

              What "AK" is it, some were designed to only take 10rnd mags, Certian WARSAs have that feature plus the saiga
              FOR SALE: XD45, 24/47 Yugo Mauser, AK RPD AES-10b

              Comment

              • #8
                Grouch
                Banned
                • May 2007
                • 765

                Originally posted by King$nake
                I should also note that the this is the first time the new steel magazines have been loaded onto the new AK. They were only used on an older MAK-90 many years ago. Also even though the magazine seats into the well, the mag lever doesnt seem to catch the mag tab completely like it does on the 10-rdr

                I can post a video if need be
                The mag is too tight, it is compressing the mag ever so slightly that it is deformed too much to cycle correctly.

                Comment

                • #9
                  BlackReef
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 2007
                  • 3616

                  Originally posted by Grouch
                  The mag is too tight, it is compressing the mag ever so slightly that it is deformed too much to cycle correctly.
                  How do I fix it?

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    BlackReef
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 2007
                    • 3616

                    Well I am going to lytle creek tommorow hopefully went the rifle is actually using blowback cycles everything will cycle well

                    Damn, on the Steel mag the bolt stops after catching the round in the mag. It doesnt even cycle the round halfway in!?!

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      BlackReef
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 2007
                      • 3616

                      Im uploading a video so you can guys can see exactly waht is happening

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Grouch
                        Banned
                        • May 2007
                        • 765

                        Originally posted by King$nake
                        How do I fix it?
                        file down the mag/mag catch

                        The bolt might be stopping because the bullet is not entering the chamber straight enough due to the mag being under too much tension. Check to make sure the bullet tip is not hitting the very rim of the chamber. Check for bent bullets too.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          FEDUPWBS
                          Senior Member
                          • Oct 2006
                          • 2187

                          Originally posted by King$nake
                          How do I fix it?
                          A torch is a torch of coarse of coarse. "hot wrench"
                          Originally posted by ChrisO
                          My solar tac grip wrap just slides off if I pull on it... I can tighten it down as much as I can and it will still slide off. I got it for a regular AK PG and it's on a standard romanian bakelite I think PG... What should I do? I kept the mag lock installed just in case this would happen...

                          Originally posted by stphnman20
                          What is a FEDUPWBS?

                          Originally posted by weezil_boi
                          ( Yes, FEDUP... you were right ).Just 1.5 cents

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            BlackReef
                            Veteran Member
                            • Apr 2007
                            • 3616

                            Here is the reload problem video:

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Grouch
                              Banned
                              • May 2007
                              • 765

                              cant see anything.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1