Hi, I got my C&R license packaged with all sorts of information and a letter saying I am now a licensed C&R collector. However in the package there is no actual license. Does this come later or what?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Got C&R package
Collapse
X
-
Got C&R package
\"that which does not kill us makes us stronger\"Tags: None -
thankyou sir, I was afraid they had put in all the information and then forgot the most important piece of paper!\"that which does not kill us makes us stronger\"Comment
-
Curious,Originally posted by SteelghostHi, I got my C&R license packaged with all sorts of information and a letter saying I am now a licensed C&R collector. However in the package there is no actual license. Does this come later or what?
How long ago did you send off the application and have your credit card charged?
Thx.Disenfranchised NRA Benefactor Life Member.
Originally posted by NorCalK9.comAlso dont worry if u have never built one once you go to a build party you will know everything and have a perfect functioning rifle.Comment
-
I was going to apply for a C&R.... but I don't like the idea of stopping by the SLPD (San Leandro PD) and dropping off a copy of my application.....'Just Don't Point, Squint, and Laugh! '
Distinguished Rifleman Badge #2220
Comment
-
nrahighpowershooter
You don't have to drop by. Just mail a copy of your application to the Chief of Police and you're done.
Though, it does seem someone posted a year or two ago than San Leandro (methinks) was against soming getting a C&R; thinking it was a dealer or something.
Just mail it, and if they come by; tell them to pound sand.Comment
-
Or, just send it to the Sheriff in your County and avoid the Local PD altogether.Originally posted by Rumplednrahighpowershooter
You don't have to drop by. Just mail a copy of your application to the Chief of Police and you're done.
Though, it does seem someone posted a year or two ago than San Leandro (methinks) was against soming getting a C&R; thinking it was a dealer or something.
Just mail it, and if they come by; tell them to pound sand.Disenfranchised NRA Benefactor Life Member.
Originally posted by NorCalK9.comAlso dont worry if u have never built one once you go to a build party you will know everything and have a perfect functioning rifle.Comment
-
Just mail the copy to your local LEO. I sent mine with a letter to the following effect (stolen from cruffler.com):
Dear Chief Localpolice:
Enclosed please find, as per federal regulation, a copy of my ATF Form 7CR. You are not required to take any action with respect to the enclosed form. If I can be of any service, or if there are any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at the address above. With kindest regards, I remain
Very truly yours...
My package of lit (Firearms laws, C&R list, etc) came almost 2 months before my blue envelope. To make matters worse, my blue envelope sat on the kitchen counter for a couple of days because it looked like junk mail! Pay attention to blue!Comment
-
From the back of the Form 7CR:Originally posted by PJATony M--I don't think you can send it to the Sheriff if you are under the jurisdiction of the local PD.
Pete
"3. Applicants must submit copy 2 of this form to the Chief Law Enforcement Officer (CLEO) in the locality in which the premises sought to be licensed are located. The CLEO is the Chief of Police, the Sheriff, or an equivalent officer, or the designee of such individual."
So, either the local PD, or Sheriff. many people in my area just went with the Sheriff as the local PD isn't quit as "friendly", even though they really have no say if you're not a criminal.
Cheers.Disenfranchised NRA Benefactor Life Member.
Originally posted by NorCalK9.comAlso dont worry if u have never built one once you go to a build party you will know everything and have a perfect functioning rifle.Comment
-
+1 to this. All I did was make a copy of the application and typed up a simple business letter stating that enclosed is a copy of my C&R FFL application that is being furnished in according to ATF policy. I didn't even bother to say that they didn't have to do anything in response.Originally posted by supergimpJust mail the copy to your local LEO. I sent mine with a letter to the following effect (stolen from cruffler.com):
Dear Chief Localpolice:
Enclosed please find, as per federal regulation, a copy of my ATF Form 7CR. You are not required to take any action with respect to the enclosed form. If I can be of any service, or if there are any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at the address above. With kindest regards
Distinguished Rifleman #1924
NRA Certified Instructor (Rifle and Metallic Cartridge Reloading) and RSO
NRL22 Match Director at WEGC
https://www.ocabj.netComment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,410
Posts: 25,147,492
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,927
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 25820 users online. 50 members and 25770 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.


Comment