Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

AK receiver question?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Eddie1965
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 1465

    AK receiver question?

    I recently bought an AES-10B (Century built), I currently have 8 922r parts in the rifle counting the magazine, but I don't want to rely on the magazine to be compliant. Do you guys know If Century uses US made receivers? One side of the of the receiver has the caliber and the other says "AES-10B Romania Century Arms Vt which is where I'm confused. If the receiver is made in the USA that would bring my 922r parts to 6 without counting the magazine. I already googled and some people say they were built by Century and others say they were imported as a complete rifle. Any knowledge/help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say,
    For Their Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today"
  • #2
    SJgunguy24
    I need a LIFE!!
    • May 2008
    • 14849

    You only need 6 compliance parts total.
    There are 3 kinds of people in this world.
    The wise, learn from the mistakes of others.
    The smart, learn from their own mistakes.
    The others, well......they just never learn.

    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me Death!"
    Patrick Henry.

    Comment

    • #3
      Eddie1965
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2009
      • 1465

      Originally posted by SJgunguy24
      You only need 6 compliance parts total.
      I know I only need 6, but since I'm not sure where the receiver was made I'm relaying on the magazine to get me to the magic number which I don't want to do. If the receiver is made in the US then I'm good to go using imported mags.
      When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say,
      For Their Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today"

      Comment

      • #4
        PEZHEAD265
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2010
        • 980

        What are the 5 you have already?

        Last edited by PEZHEAD265; 03-09-2012, 5:15 AM.

        Comment

        • #5
          ZX-10R
          Veteran Member
          • May 2010
          • 4122

          Originally posted by Eddie1965
          I recently bought an AES-10B (Century built), I currently have 8 922r parts in the rifle counting the magazine, but I don't want to rely on the magazine to be compliant. Do you guys know If Century uses US made receivers? One side of the of the receiver has the caliber and the other says "AES-10B Romania Century Arms Vt which is where I'm confused. If the receiver is made in the USA that would bring my 922r parts to 6 without counting the magazine. I already googled and some people say they were built by Century and others say they were imported as a complete rifle. Any knowledge/help would be appreciated. Thanks.
          Romanian built. I am finally picking mine up today or tomorrow AM.
          USA**************************************************USA
          03 Chevy Trailblazer , 06 Kawi ZX-10R, 05 Kawi KX250F, 07 Yamaha YZ85 - PSL , AES-10B, (2x) WASR 10/63, Draco AK Pistol, Polish Underfolder, Polish Tantal, Daniel Defense M4, Franken-AR, 1945 Izzy M44, 1936 Tula 91/30, Remington 870 Express, Smith and Wesson M&P 45, FN FNP-9, COLT 1911 XSE . NYC in CA. [COLOR="Red"][B]Obama S(_)[KS!
          Southwest Sales Manager -SolidWorks.

          Comment

          • #6
            69Mach1
            Super Moderator
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Jan 2006
            • 15032

            Romanian receiver.

            Typical Century M.O.

            Leave the muzzle device welded on. It's now a part of the barrel and doesn't count. Add US parts: Pistol Grip, Fire Control Group, and gas piston.
            sigpic
            69Mach1
            munkeeboi
            TURBOELKY
            antix2
            WTSGDYBBR
            tujungatoes
            jmpgnr24K

            Comment

            • #7
              bigthaiboy
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2007
              • 4795

              Originally posted by Eddie1965
              I recently bought an AES-10B (Century built), I currently have 8 922r parts in the rifle counting the magazine, but I don't want to rely on the magazine to be compliant. Do you guys know If Century uses US made receivers? One side of the of the receiver has the caliber and the other says "AES-10B Romania Century Arms Vt which is where I'm confused. If the receiver is made in the USA that would bring my 922r parts to 6 without counting the magazine. I already googled and some people say they were built by Century and others say they were imported as a complete rifle. Any knowledge/help would be appreciated. Thanks.


              No, the AES-10B is built in the same factory as the WASR. The receiver is built by Cugir in Romania, and Century Arms in Vermont are only the importers. On importation, Century makes some small modifications to it to make it importable under 922(R), hence the term "assembled by Century" is sometimes used in some of the marketing info.

              Please list the 8 US parts you already have, so we can see what additional counted part you can change out or remove.

              Life can make you do many things, even kiss a man with a runny nose.

              Comment

              • #8
                Therunningidiot
                Junior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 52

                http://gunwiki.net/Gunwiki/BuildAkVe...plianceThere's something that should help you keep track of 922.r.

                Comment

                • #9
                  NorCalK9.com
                  Veteran Member
                  • Sep 2010
                  • 3958

                  Heres how I make it easy on my AK's.
                  Fcg=3
                  Furniture=3
                  Muzzle device=1
                  Mags=3
                  Now you can m
                  K.N.P.V. line malinois.
                  Like my AR but LOVE myAK
                  https://m.facebook.com/NorCal-K-9-137536682986716/
                  Our dogs bite
                  Malinois n Dutch shep pups available all ages Working homes only.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    NorCalK9.com
                    Veteran Member
                    • Sep 2010
                    • 3958

                    Heres how I make it easy on my AK's.
                    Fcg=3
                    Furniture=3
                    Muzzle device=1
                    Mags=3
                    Now you can mix and match. I buy alot of u.s. Floor plates, all my mags have a us floor plate. All rifles have tapco fcg. Some have u.s. Made furniture, some dont, the ones that dont still have fcg, floorplate, u.s.floorplate muzzle device, and pg.
                    K.N.P.V. line malinois.
                    Like my AR but LOVE myAK
                    https://m.facebook.com/NorCal-K-9-137536682986716/
                    Our dogs bite
                    Malinois n Dutch shep pups available all ages Working homes only.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Eddie1965
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2009
                      • 1465

                      The 8 parts I currently have are: Fcg 3, US magazine 3, piston 1 and muzzle device 1 for a total of 8.
                      When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say,
                      For Their Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today"

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        bigthaiboy
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 2007
                        • 4795

                        Originally posted by Eddie1965
                        The 8 parts I currently have are: Fcg 3, US magazine 3, piston 1 and muzzle device 1 for a total of 8.
                        Easiest thing to do would be to change the pistol grip to a US-made one, and that would give you your 6 counted parts, even if you are using imported mags.
                        Removing the PG altogether will also give you your required 10 imported parts to be 922(r) compliant.
                        Last edited by bigthaiboy; 03-09-2012, 4:22 PM.

                        Life can make you do many things, even kiss a man with a runny nose.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          philobeddoe
                          Senior Member
                          • Aug 2007
                          • 2022

                          you'll probably end up swapping out the fire control group, why not do it now with a US made Tapco or Texas Ak Triggers?
                          ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                          NRA MEMBERSHIP


                          GOA MEMBERSHIP

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            PEZHEAD265
                            Senior Member
                            • Feb 2010
                            • 980

                            Originally posted by Eddie1965
                            The 8 parts I currently have are: Fcg 3, US magazine 3, piston 1 and muzzle device 1 for a total of 8.
                            Change out the pistol grip to US made one and then you have the total to 6.Check the receiver it should say where it was made.It is a good Idea not to count on your mag to make up the 6 or more US peices to be 922r compliant because if someone put in a non US mag in it you commited a felony.I'm not saying that anyone will care or inforce it that you broke 922r compliant law it is just better to be safe.Is this a CIA AK??Or is it your build??

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1