Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Featureless: AK or AR?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Moonshine
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2012
    • 2053

    Featureless: AK or AR?

    OK after reading a lot of posts I'm sold on the featureless idea. I was thinking either an A2 20" type rifle because all I would need to do is install a muzzle break and grip wrap, or an AK because all I'd need would be the grip wrap (few come with hiders).

    The AK is cheap, comming in at $575 (plus I get the evil bayonet oh my) but I've heard mixed reviews about the WASR-10... this will be a fun gun.

    I'd probably frankenbuild the AR to keep the price down and much of it would be PSA based on a Tactical Innovations lower. Then just add the old Bushmaster Izzy brake I found laying around (still needs to be finished it's ugly unfinished) and grip wrap.

    Which would be more fun as a featureless? I know as a bullet button rifle the AR-15 platform is WAY easier to enjoy and reload plus there's many more fun evil features (my 16" M-4 franken AR bullet button build has maximum evil features), but what about a featureless?
  • #2
    ElvenSoul
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Apr 2008
    • 17431

    Unless the AR has the Hammerhead I would have to say a Featureless AK is easier to handle.
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      NorCalK9.com
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2010
      • 3958

      Cmon seriously?
      Gonna go there huh?
      Ok i'll bite,
      AK wasr is good
      Saiga can be featureless.
      AR? Hmmm I just did another ar and it p!$$e$ me off everytime I take it out.
      But if you like AR's get an AR!
      If you like AK's get an AK!
      Now let the AR praising begin....
      K.N.P.V. line malinois.
      Like my AR but LOVE myAK
      https://m.facebook.com/NorCal-K-9-137536682986716/
      Our dogs bite
      Malinois n Dutch shep pups available all ages Working homes only.

      Comment

      • #4
        Moonshine
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2012
        • 2053

        That's actually what I was thinking too... particularly duing reloads. You also don't have to add anything like a brake. I've already got an AR so some variety would be fun.

        Originally posted by ElvenSoul
        Unless the AR has the Hammerhead I would have to say a Featureless AK is easier to handle.

        Comment

        • #5
          lil_jackal
          Member
          • Dec 2010
          • 214

          Originally posted by NorCalK9.com
          if you like AR's get an AR!
          If you like AK's get an AK!
          this! or get both ! .. both is better

          Comment

          • #6
            NorCalK9.com
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 2010
            • 3958

            @lil-jackal
            I have both but in my case both one is useless, today is the second day in a row that it shut down on me, and the casing was stuck in the chamber.
            Bet you cant guess which one lol.
            K.N.P.V. line malinois.
            Like my AR but LOVE myAK
            https://m.facebook.com/NorCal-K-9-137536682986716/
            Our dogs bite
            Malinois n Dutch shep pups available all ages Working homes only.

            Comment

            • #7
              zfields
              CGN Contributor
              • Aug 2010
              • 13658

              Norcal, sell me that AR dirt cheap : )
              Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom Paracord slings

              10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!

              Comment

              • #8
                sd_shooter
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Dec 2008
                • 14282

                Originally posted by Moonshine
                That's actually what I was thinking too... particularly duing reloads. You also don't have to add anything like a brake. I've already got an AR so some variety would be fun.
                I think you've already answered it yourself.

                I have two featureless AKs, both work great. IMO an AK should be featureless since all the BB solutions are kind of a PITA to operate.

                Comment

                • #9
                  tuna quesadilla
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Apr 2006
                  • 5147

                  Originally posted by NorCalK9.com
                  @lil-jackal
                  I have both but in my case both one is useless, today is the second day in a row that it shut down on me, and the casing was stuck in the chamber.
                  Bet you cant guess which one lol.
                  Funny how you are the biggest AK fan on the forum and you always have something negative to say about AR15s. Pray tell, what are the details of this rifle, how meticulously do you (not) maintain it, and what ammunition are you using?

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    68Datsun510
                    Member
                    • Mar 2010
                    • 300

                    He didnt change the oil and filter every 20 shots as per manufacturer recommendation

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      KandyRedCoi
                      Senior Member
                      • May 2011
                      • 1748

                      was in the same situation...decided to go with a featureless Saiga 762 ... f**k the bullet button
                      -Coi- N R A member since 2008
                      .177-.22lr-.410-9mm-38spr-.45acp-45lc-7.62x39-7.62x54r-12ga
                      ~your friendly neighborhood ZOMBIE hunter~

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        peter95
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2009
                        • 2488

                        Originally posted by NorCalK9.com
                        Cmon seriously?
                        Gonna go there huh?
                        Ok i'll bite,
                        AK wasr is good
                        Saiga can be featureless.
                        AR? Hmmm I just did another ar and it p!$$e$ me off everytime I take it out.
                        But if you like AR's get an AR!
                        If you like AK's get an AK!
                        Now let the AR praising begin....
                        really? What happened to your AR?

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          NorCalK9.com
                          Veteran Member
                          • Sep 2010
                          • 3958

                          I won't torture my AR!
                          First day I took it out fully lubed, ran about 100+ rounds of 62gr steel case then it wouldnt eject the shell. Had to use the cleaning rod to knock it out. 3mags later same thing.
                          Took it home cleaned it GOOD, took it out yesterday shot 1mag, on second mag same thing.
                          Disclaimer. I love my ar the same as I love my AK's! When I wanna shoot the ear off a squurrel i'll grab the AR, when I wanna have fun I grab the A o K!
                          Sorry z this AR is staying, part of me thinks I just need to break the upper in a lil bit.
                          K.N.P.V. line malinois.
                          Like my AR but LOVE myAK
                          https://m.facebook.com/NorCal-K-9-137536682986716/
                          Our dogs bite
                          Malinois n Dutch shep pups available all ages Working homes only.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            wsmc27
                            Senior Member
                            • Apr 2010
                            • 1654

                            Originally posted by Moonshine
                            ...

                            Which would be more fun as a featureless? I know as a bullet button rifle the AR-15 platform is WAY easier to enjoy and reload plus there's many more fun evil features (my 16" M-4 franken AR bullet button build has maximum evil features), but what about a featureless?
                            Can't speak to as which would be more fun, just wanted to share we did up an AR featureless a couple years ago and enjoy the hell out of it. I'm older, and we've had an AR and 30rd mags for many years, so love the opportunity to run the featureless in Tac Carbine classes.

                            I think you'd have fun with either one...

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              zfields
                              CGN Contributor
                              • Aug 2010
                              • 13658

                              Originally posted by NorCalK9.com
                              I won't torture my AR!
                              First day I took it out fully lubed, ran about 100+ rounds of 62gr steel case then it wouldnt eject the shell. Had to use the cleaning rod to knock it out. 3mags later same thing.
                              Took it home cleaned it GOOD, took it out yesterday shot 1mag, on second mag same thing.
                              Disclaimer. I love my ar the same as I love my AK's! When I wanna shoot the ear off a squurrel i'll grab the AR, when I wanna have fun I grab the A o K!
                              Sorry z this AR is staying, part of me thinks I just need to break the upper in a lil bit.
                              All good. I'm needing to pick up something for 3 gun, need to have some better 200 yard accuracy for clays.
                              Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom Paracord slings

                              10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1