Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

PSA 20" Upper...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • fusionstar
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2007
    • 2332

    PSA 20" Upper...

    So I purchased a Palmetto State Armory 20" upper at the end of December as a gift for my self for Christmas. Been so busy with a severe injury in my family that I didn't get the chance to shoot it until yesterday.

    Right off the bat I had a problem with it being off center on my RRA Lower which has never had an issue with multiple uppers. It was slightly pointed left compared to the lower. Enough to annoy most easy going people. But I put that to the back of my mind and carried on. I did let PSA know about the problem but ultimately decided it was not worth the trouble to send it back and just accept it.

    Range time...
    With a mechanical zero. I'm off over a foot at 25 yards.
    To make a long story short, to get a 25 yard zero..75 feet.. sling shot range . I have to have my rear sight up one full turn at the 6 mark and the peep adjusted ALL the way to the left. This is ridiculous.

    My thoughts are its probably just a bad torquing or poor mating surface from the barrel but, extension, or the upper receiver. It is a quality barrel and I was able to put 20 rounds in a quarter at 25 yards. I honestly do not want to try to do the work myself, should of been perfect from the get go.

    I just emailed PSA and waiting for their response to the problem. Which will weigh heavily on my future decisions and recommendations. I will update this accordingly.

    I have also tried a red dot, and another carry handle. All with the same outcome. Several types of ammo were used.

    Things I liked
    Price
    The box it came in was fancy.
    The finish on the gun was good.
    The barrel is a quality piece made by FN. Machine gun barrel metal with a double chrome lined layer. If that makes any sense.
    Accurate.

    Things I hated
    The fit on the gun not so good.
    Shot way right.
    If you seek peace, prepare for war
  • #2
    hornswaggled
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2011
    • 1650

    Ugh, sounds like a huge problem. I've only heard about PSA from the folks here. Hopefully they make this right.
    sigpicNRA Endowment Member
    SAF Defender's Club

    Comment

    • #3
      rodeoflyer
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2010
      • 1064

      It sounds to me like it would be well worth sending it back.

      They will make it right.
      Originally posted by jonnyt16
      I know the safety nazis will kill me for this, but there's nothing like a mag dump of .223 tracer rounds at night out of your AR with a little bit of firewater in your system. Man what a feeling!

      Comment

      • #4
        roushstage2
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2011
        • 2782

        Here's this from their subforum. They've been upgrading their CS system, so this may help you:

        We have a new phone system in place, and these are the new numbers (the old number is supposed to connect you as well, but it may not be working correctly. :

        Web Sales Questions: 1.803.788.9095
        General Questions: 1.803.240.2347
        I hope and believe they will get everything taken care of. They were really good about going back and fixing the problem with my order.

        Comment

        • #5
          Moonshine
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2012
          • 2053

          PSA has awesome customer service, when I purchased my M-4 upper about two weeks later it went on sale while they were building it. They refunded me the difference to my bank account without me even asking them to do it! And they've always responded to my e-mails within 24 hours including weekends and evenings when they're technically not even open.

          PSA is the first site I even go to when purchasing parts. If any local dealers had their lowers I'd buy those too, but I like the tactical innovations lowers that come complete with a hex screw in the lower to tighten down uppers and a screw that retains the spring from the rear take-down pin so it doesn't pop out when the stock is removed. They're also $79 and have some groovy roll marks.

          Comment

          • #6
            fusionstar
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2007
            • 2332

            well almost 2 weeks of no response. I dug up the time and actually remembered to give them a ring during lunch. They are sending me a return label to return the upper for repair. I really wish they would respond to emails. However.. aside from the delay, I'm pretty satisfied. As mentioned before, it groups nicely, just not where I want it to.
            If you seek peace, prepare for war

            Comment

            • #7
              SURVIVOR619
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2011
              • 3629

              I'm looking for my first complete upper and this is contrary to all the good people say about their uppers being the best quality for value.

              Disappointing it took a call instead of them responding to your email.

              Hope it works out brother!
              Only the wise will understand and survive...
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                roushstage2
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 2011
                • 2782

                Originally posted by SURVIVOR619
                I'm looking for my first complete upper and this is contrary to all the good people say about their uppers being the best quality for value.
                So no company ever has a bad piece leave the factory? It happens. The world is an imperfect place. The important thing is: will the company fix the problem without hassling you?

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1