Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Project 7615P

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MadMex
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 1095

    Project 7615P

    [IMG]
    45 Saves Lives / 1911 Heathen
  • #2
    MadMex
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 1095

    45 Saves Lives / 1911 Heathen

    Comment

    • #3
      MadMex
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 1095

      Giles? Error on my part! Single point it is (I told you this was new stuff for me!).
      45 Saves Lives / 1911 Heathen

      Comment

      • #4
        Left Coast DJ
        Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 140

        MadMex...how much did you pay for the original stock 7615P? And from where?

        DJ

        Comment

        • #5
          Pthfndr
          In Memoriam
          • Oct 2005
          • 3691

          Are you going to get that thing zeroed tomorrow so you can use it in the 3 gun match at the El Dorado club sunday?
          Rob Thomas - Match Director NCPPRC Tactical Long Range Match

          Match Director Sac Valley Vintage Military Rifle Long Range Match

          Comment

          • #6
            MadMex
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2005
            • 1095

            Originally posted by Left Coast DJ
            MadMex...how much did you pay for the original stock 7615P? And from where?
            It was ordered / purchased (original configuration) in Sacramento 1Q of this year for $749 (had to wait around 8 to 10 weeks for shipment). I recently saw one on the rack for sale ($800).
            45 Saves Lives / 1911 Heathen

            Comment

            • #7
              MadMex
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2005
              • 1095

              Originally posted by Pthfndr
              Are you going to get that thing zeroed tomorrow so you can use it in the 3 gun match at the El Dorado club sunday?
              45 Saves Lives / 1911 Heathen

              Comment

              • #8
                Turbinator
                Administrator
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Oct 2005
                • 11963

                Folks,

                I've used a single point sling before (actually the exact one in the photos above taken from The Wilderness site) and man, while it appears cool at first, you learn very quickly that moving around and going about your business with this sling is not easy.

                First, the longarm tends to bang around and hit your knees. Look at the guy in the picture above, the receiver of the rifle will hit his crotch area all day long while his knees will hit the barrel as he moves around to conduct checkpoints, move MRE's, pump water out of homes, etc.

                Second, if he needed to bend over to pick up something, the barrel goes straight into the dirt. Not good if you don't want to accidentally create an obstructed bore with dirt, sand, mud, etc.

                I would suggest that you look at a 3 point sling that can carry the longarm horizontally - I would think this arrangement would be a little better.

                Just my $.02!

                Turby

                Comment

                • #9
                  MadMex
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 1095

                  Originally posted by Turbinator
                  I would suggest that you look at a 3 point sling that can carry the longarm horizontally - I would think this arrangement would be a little better.
                  45 Saves Lives / 1911 Heathen

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Turbinator
                    Administrator
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 11963

                    Sorry, I don't. I do have a friend who uses a 3 pointer, perhaps I can ask him to demo it while I video it.

                    Turby

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      MadMex
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 1095

                      Originally posted by Technical Ted
                      BTW What are your options for installing sling swivels? Particularly a front swivel? Is the end of the forend guide rod drilled and tapped for swivel like the one above?
                      45 Saves Lives / 1911 Heathen

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1