Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

BIY Question...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jp.cherokee
    Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 246

    BIY Question...

    First off the firearms that I have seen here are awesome. And I especially like this one.
    . I would like to build one myself to learn the ins and outs of a guts of a carbine firearm. But if the SH*T hits the fan, is this the firearm you want to have. My main question is, Can you load this quickly. I have a KelTec SU-CA, its not an AR, but you can slam magazines into it very quickly. To break the gun apart and top load just seem kind of slow. What are the advantages? Is it mainly for the looks and pistol grip? accuracy? Oh well I might be an idiot, but lets hear what you have to say. Thanks,
    .22, 9, 44, 45, .50, .223, 30-06, 7.62, 7.92, 00, Slug...
    NUMBERS TO "LIVE" BY...
  • #2
    Jicko
    Calguns Addict
    • Dec 2005
    • 8774

    I personally think.... if SHTF(or if you are outside of CA/PRK).... everything goes.... with a sport-conv or similar reversible magazine lock kit, you can convert this rifle back to a full function AR15 in a matter of secs.... then magazine change can be done in a matter of secs....
    - LL
    NRA Certified Firearm Instructor
    sigpic

    New to Calguns, check here first:
    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=56818

    Comment

    • #3
      Stanze
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 3301

      If you participate in a fire fight with a neutered 10 round gun, you'll probably die due to the inability to re-load quickly or running out of ammo.

      These CA-Legal ARs are like having hot girlfriends that don't go all the way.
      Constitutionally, officials cannot license or register a fundamental right.

      "It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority." - Benjamin Franklin


      "Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack." -Stanze

      Comment

      • #4
        TonyM
        In Memoriam
        • Oct 2005
        • 3071

        I like my ARs, but in a SHTF scenario I would be more likely to call on my Socom 16. 7.62 NATO knocks things down better, at least in my non-scientific real world tests on buckets of sand and dirt, hard drives, water jugs and wood..
        Disenfranchised NRA Benefactor Life Member.

        Originally posted by NorCalK9.com
        Also dont worry if u have never built one once you go to a build party you will know everything and have a perfect functioning rifle.

        Comment

        • #5
          jtyoshi
          Member
          • Jan 2006
          • 132

          Originally posted by TonyM
          I like my ARs, but in a SHTF scenario I would be more likely to call on my Socom 16. 7.62 NATO knocks things down better, at least in my non-scientific real world tests on buckets of sand and dirt, hard drives, water jugs and wood..
          No small furry animals?

          Comment

          • #6
            mltrading
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2006
            • 1251

            If the SHTF scenario DOES happen in Kali. I would like to stick with my IDF M14. I got a bunch GI 20 mags and thousands rounds of ammo.

            Also plan to have a bunker in backyard.

            For Kali ARs, forget about the load-quickly thing. As Stanze said, you got a super hot GF but you can not touch her.
            ML TRADING
            e-mail
            +1 408 582 3156

            Comment

            • #7
              grammaton76
              Administrator
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Dec 2005
              • 9511

              Originally posted by jp.cherokee
              I would like to build one myself to learn the ins and outs of a guts of a carbine firearm. But if the SH*T hits the fan, is this the firearm you want to have. My main question is, Can you load this quickly.
              If the zombies show up, yes. First you shoot the first few zombies with your shotgun. Because there are zombies, the Assault Weapons Ban immediately no longer applies (due to the oft-overlooked Zombie Clause). While shooting any additional zombies with your shotgun, you remove the Sportingconversions kit from your AR and convert it into a fully un-neutered AR. For the duration of the zombie incident, you can leave it in a free-state configuration. It is advisable to return it to a California configuration once the zombie incident is at an end.
              Primary author of gunwiki.net - 'like' it on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Gunwiki/242578512591 to see whenever new content gets added!

              Comment

              • #8
                SirMikeAlot
                Member
                • Jan 2006
                • 202

                Originally posted by grammaton76
                If the zombies show up, yes. First you shoot the first few zombies with your shotgun. Because there are zombies, the Assault Weapons Ban immediately no longer applies (due to the oft-overlooked Zombie Clause). While shooting any additional zombies with your shotgun, you remove the Sportingconversions kit from your AR and convert it into a fully un-neutered AR. For the duration of the zombie incident, you can leave it in a free-state configuration. It is advisable to return it to a California configuration once the zombie incident is at an end.

                lolol
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  TonyM
                  In Memoriam
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 3071

                  Originally posted by jtyoshi
                  No small furry animals?
                  By the time the smoke cleared there wasn't any proof they existed in the first place, so I don't claim those.
                  Disenfranchised NRA Benefactor Life Member.

                  Originally posted by NorCalK9.com
                  Also dont worry if u have never built one once you go to a build party you will know everything and have a perfect functioning rifle.

                  Comment

                  • #10

                    Lemme put it this way... if SHTF I've got an allen wrench !

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Gunner1
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2005
                      • 624

                      why reload

                      Personally I can shoot 120 rounds without reloading Of course I have 12 fixed mag guns.


                      Gunner

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        DV8
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 527

                        Originally posted by Technical Ted
                        LOL

                        What you do is build 12 identical lowers, have a bandolier made with pockets large enough to hold an assembled lower.

                        I can imagine someone running around with such as rig and swapping out lowers.

                        Just make sure you have a backup pistol or shotgun to deal with surprises

                        LOL
                        You think they make a chest rig to hold all those lowers?

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          jp.cherokee
                          Member
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 246

                          Originally posted by Gunner1
                          Personally I can shoot 120 rounds without reloading Of course I have 12 fixed mag guns.


                          Gunner
                          Hey gunner, can you show me a picture or two of your baddest looking, reliable, and accurate fixed mag guns. Before "they" are banned, maybe you can help me locate the right parts to put one together.
                          Regards,
                          Sean
                          San Diego
                          .22, 9, 44, 45, .50, .223, 30-06, 7.62, 7.92, 00, Slug...
                          NUMBERS TO "LIVE" BY...

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1