Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Saiga help

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • indobos72
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2010
    • 722

    Saiga help

    Okay all, I know allot of people like the WASR-10 and some would say convert saiga. Found this for $299 and seems like a very good deal. What do I need to look for if I am going to convert this guy? Thanks for any all help.

  • #2
    zfields
    CGN Contributor
    • Aug 2010
    • 13658



    any of the kits there.
    Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom Paracord slings

    10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!

    Comment

    • #3
      Shellshocker66
      Senior Member
      • May 2011
      • 1760

      You need to stay in 922r compliance (in a nut shell some federal law that says if you take a imported weapon out of its sporting config you have to have so many US made parts to make it legal yada yada yada)

      I suggest looking over at http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?...iance-the-law/

      On the Saiga rifles there are like 14 parts and I think you need 4 US ones to make it legal. The website has some links to conversion charts and parts that can be changed for lawful compliance.

      And yes Carolina shooters is the place to go for any of your Saiga parts!

      If you do purchase you will love it! I also plan on converting mine in the future when funds will allow me to get the desired Russian red furniture I desire.
      "I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand." --Susan B. Anthony



      Comment

      • #4
        pacifico23
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2010
        • 2708

        Just received all my parts for my conversion from carolina shooters supply. Cant wait to build it!

        Comment

        • #5
          ZachT951
          Member
          • Apr 2010
          • 219

          buy this and a hand guard and use US mags and you good and i suggest getting the 5.45x39, mags and ammo are cheaper and you dont need to modify the mags, just put in a bullet guide also



          best video if you have never done a conversion -----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waj8a...eature=related

          i just bought another conversion kit for the 2nd saiga i got
          Last edited by ZachT951; 10-05-2011, 7:20 PM.
          "Be not that far from me, for trouble is near; haste Thee to help me. Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me."

          Comment

          • #6
            indobos72
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2010
            • 722

            How about on the Saiga itself? I heard something about being able to switch out the front hand guards but some have a notch or something to that effect? Does that make sense? Or was that on older units and not the new ones coming in?

            Thanks,

            Comment

            • #7
              zfields
              CGN Contributor
              • Aug 2010
              • 13658

              Are you talking about having a front handguard retainer? Saigas will not have that.

              Also, as far as threaded barrels, its sorta a crapshoot if yours will have one or not. If not, its pretty cheap to have it threaded.
              Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom Paracord slings

              10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!

              Comment

              • #8
                LeatherNuts
                Member
                • Jan 2011
                • 139

                I may be mistaken, but you only need to modify the front from original if you want to mount actual AK handguards. I bought Saiga specific handguards for mine and had no issues. This is a great price by the way, may cause me to buy another.
                Do Not Demand What You Cannot Take By Force

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1