Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Kel-Tec SU16CA Compact Forend

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Kostya
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2005
    • 18

    Kel-Tec SU16CA Compact Forend

    I was trying to find the compact forend on Kel-Tec's website and didn't see it on their product page. I sent them an e-mail and never got one back. Does anyone carry them?
  • #2
    railroader
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 3115

    Just call them. Mark

    Comment

    • #3
      LECTRIKHED
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2006
      • 793

      Only kel-tec sells them. You can order it on their online store, or just give them a call. It takes them a while to respond to emails.

      Comment

      • #4
        TacFan
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2006
        • 3021

        yes kel-tec does sell them but there is another source.
        Here you go:

        Brock Pfund

        adversary13 at adelphia dot net
        For Sale
        🔫 Pistols

        ☠ Rifles

        Comment

        • #5
          Nefarious
          Senior Member
          • Jun 2006
          • 2083

          Check on the Keltec forums, thats where I got mine from. I do believe it was "Brock" that sold them for a nice price.
          sigpic
          **** Insert Disclaimer here for any past, present, and future posts. Dont get butt hurt, offended, or complain about an innocent mistake, information that is not 100% accurate, or sillyness mistaken for anything other than that ****

          Comment

          • #6
            223addict
            Junior Member
            • Oct 2007
            • 57

            I bought one off ebay for a few bucks cheaper than Kel-Tec. Be warned, it's pretty cheap quality. I needed to clean up the edges with a mill bastard and all the vents had flash that needed to be removed with a surgical scalpel.
            www.forecast3d.com
            lee@forecast3d.com

            Comment

            • #7
              myar15
              Junior Member
              • Oct 2007
              • 51

              Originally posted by 223addict
              I bought one off ebay for a few bucks cheaper than Kel-Tec. Be warned, it's pretty cheap quality. I needed to clean up the edges with a mill bastard and all the vents had flash that needed to be removed with a surgical scalpel.
              why bother wasting the money? so it can look more like an AR?? you cant even mount anything to it. start saving for an AR junior!


              Comment

              • #8
                Kostya
                Junior Member
                • Dec 2005
                • 18

                Originally posted by myar15
                why bother wasting the money? so it can look more like an AR?? you cant even mount anything to it. start saving for an AR junior!
                What do you mean you can't mount anything to it? I've seen a ton of pictures with flashlights, bipods, and lasers mounted to the compact forend.

                Comment

                • #9
                  223addict
                  Junior Member
                  • Oct 2007
                  • 57

                  Originally posted by myar15
                  why bother wasting the money? so it can look more like an AR?? you cant even mount anything to it. start saving for an AR junior!

                  Got 4 AR's already. The Kel Tec was just cash burning a hole in my pocket.
                  www.forecast3d.com
                  lee@forecast3d.com

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    aplinker
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Feb 2007
                    • 16762

                    Originally posted by myar15
                    why bother wasting the money? so it can look more like an AR?? you cant even mount anything to it. start saving for an AR junior!

                    5 days with an AR and already this...

                    The Kel-Tec is a useful rifle. Sure, it's no AR, but it has its place and purpose. It functions as-is with a drop mag. It's a piston based system. It's cheap, fun to shoot and can be bought at any ma and pa gun store.

                    The compact fore-end isn't that bad of quality. Maybe the eBay one you got was a 2nd? It's nice to be able to put stuff on it (bipod, flashlight). It's pretty cheap, too, at about $50.

                    I've seen them for sale at a few gun shops that sell lots of Kel-Tecs (Retting's always seems to have a couple). I've also seen that guy, mentioned above, selling them.

                    If they're not on the website, they're probably back ordered.

                    Google Map of OLL Dealers

                    List of CA-friendly Manufacturers, Dealers, Middlemen, and Magazine rebuild kit dealers
                    Click me-->So you're a n00b and you want to build an AR? <--Click me
                    This post is based on actual events. Some facts may be altered for dramatic purposes. All posts are pure opinion. All persons, living and dead, are purely coincidental, and should not be construed.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      rorschach
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 2006
                      • 4405

                      Originally posted by myar15
                      why bother wasting the money? so it can look more like an AR?? you cant even mount anything to it. start saving for an AR junior!
                      Start saving for an HK or FAL, junior.

                      Oh, I see you've met Ivans' Hammer. Better you than me.
                      L.A. County
                      Mailed to LASD Hall of Justice: 6/27/2022 received:6/28
                      Check cashed: 8/22/2022
                      Livescan: 4/22/2023 DOJ 4/22 FBI 4/23 Firearms 4/26
                      Call for interview: 5/24/2023 Interview: 5/31/2023
                      PTT: 8/21/23 Training submitted 8/27/23
                      Call for pickup 10/12/23 Pickup: 11/8/23

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        oaklander
                        Banned
                        • May 2006
                        • 11095

                        LOL, I remember when I got my first AR. . .

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          LECTRIKHED
                          Senior Member
                          • Oct 2006
                          • 793

                          SU-16 is a good rifle. It has its place. Basically, it is not going to get you arrested unless you do something illegal with it.

                          My compact forend was good quality. I think it is a big improvement. It has a normal picatinny rail that you can mount suff on. I keep a laser mounted on mine. You can add more rails if you want.

                          Yes it is not an AR, but it also is a piston operated rifle. I see that as an advantage over the AR. Then again, I don't own an AR, so I can't compare them directly. I'm happy with the SU16.

                          PS most of the people who bash them, have never owned one, or they owned 20 rifles and 1 SU.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            J_Rock
                            Senior Member
                            • Sep 2007
                            • 2097

                            Originally posted by LECTRIKHED
                            Yes it is not an AR, but it also is a piston operated rifle. I see that as an advantage over the AR. Then again, I don't own an AR, so I can't compare them directly. I'm happy with the SU16.
                            How exactly does having a piston give it an advantage? You have more moving parts, more things to go wrong. I'd bet my life on my AR in a SHTF situation over a SU16 any day. There's alot more to reliability than your operating system.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              aplinker
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Feb 2007
                              • 16762

                              Is it even possible to start a thread about the SU-16 without it becoming an AR vs. SU debate?

                              Google Map of OLL Dealers

                              List of CA-friendly Manufacturers, Dealers, Middlemen, and Magazine rebuild kit dealers
                              Click me-->So you're a n00b and you want to build an AR? <--Click me
                              This post is based on actual events. Some facts may be altered for dramatic purposes. All posts are pure opinion. All persons, living and dead, are purely coincidental, and should not be construed.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1