Hey all, I finished my AR-15 build a while ago but I haven't taken it to the range yet (waiting for the next gun show to stock up on some bullets). Anyways, since I'm going to be taking it out and shooting it soon there was one concern that I had with it.
It seems that the bolt carrier does not lock into place. To try to clarify.. if you were to separate your upper from your lower and take the bolt carrier group/charging handle out and put it back together... your bolt carrier along with your charging handle would both lock into place, correct? and if you were to point them to the ground they would not fall towards the ground since they are locked right? because on my Adams Arms upper the bolt carrier will slide back only being stopped by the end of the charging handle. The bolt carrier sticks out of the upper receiver by about a 1/3 of an inch.
So not really sure if this is normal and I'd rather hear some of your opinions to figure if this is even safe enough to fire.
*edit* Just tried manually loading a round and pushing in the bolt carrier behind it... the bolt carrier sticks out and doesn't lock in.
It seems that the bolt carrier does not lock into place. To try to clarify.. if you were to separate your upper from your lower and take the bolt carrier group/charging handle out and put it back together... your bolt carrier along with your charging handle would both lock into place, correct? and if you were to point them to the ground they would not fall towards the ground since they are locked right? because on my Adams Arms upper the bolt carrier will slide back only being stopped by the end of the charging handle. The bolt carrier sticks out of the upper receiver by about a 1/3 of an inch.
So not really sure if this is normal and I'd rather hear some of your opinions to figure if this is even safe enough to fire.
*edit* Just tried manually loading a round and pushing in the bolt carrier behind it... the bolt carrier sticks out and doesn't lock in.

.



Comment