Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

.....

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Vladimir
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • May 2008
    • 1311

    .....

    .....
    Last edited by Vladimir; 01-30-2013, 12:52 PM.
  • #2
    thedrickel
    Calguns Addict
    • Apr 2006
    • 5581

    Lulz dude, don't even consider an Entreprise if you are looking for a nice FAL.
    I hate people that are full of hate.

    It's not illegal to tip for PPT!

    Comment

    • #3
      rojocorsa
      Calguns Addict
      • Oct 2008
      • 9139

      sigpic
      7-6-2 FTMFW!

      "...and an old German guy said there was a bit of an unsaid joke about the Nazi salute; apparently when they clicked their heels and raised their arm up in the air in a Nazi salute, they were saying, "we're in this much s___."

      Comment

      • #4
        -hanko
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        CGN Contributor
        • Jul 2002
        • 14174

        Originally posted by Vladimir
        Hey guys.

        I've been in the market for an FAL and have been doing my homework on them, I know the DSA's seem to get the best reviews, but based on their heavy back order, I would prefer to acquire one faster for personal reasons. I've looked into the Entreprise ones and have seen mixed reveiws on how they are made. Any entreprise FAL owners here that can chip in their 2 cents and what I should expect?

        Thanks for looking.
        Take your time when purchasing an FAL...it will be a big benefit to you in the long run.

        For unbiased (relatively) input on the FAL Files (the arfcom of FAL's), do a little searching. My read of the summary (and I've been on the FAL Files for years) is that some of E'prise's guns shoot well from the start, others can't fire more than one round without a jam, sights are mis-aligned due to bad barrel timing which affects headspace, and a myriad of other stuff.

        Two reps from E'prise were on the vendor forum here, first one left after around a year, second after a year or two.

        Post-sale service was/is terrible.

        There's a reason for the low price, as well as DSA's backlog. There are lemons from every rifle maker, but DSA typically handles issues quickly and with a lack of BS.

        If I needed one more FAL than I have, first choice would be Mark Graham at Arizona Response Systems. No cheap, but a master FAL gunsmith and finisher. Beyond Mark, I'd be patient and get the DSA or find a smith with renown on the FAL Files and get something custom made.

        I would not buy an E'prise, but I have made some $$ in fixing some of their work.

        hth and pm me here if you need more.

        -hanko
        True wealth is time. Time to enjoy life.

        Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

        Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

        A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1