Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Yet another bullet button question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • rdsii64
    Member
    • Jun 2009
    • 192

    Yet another bullet button question

    Hello folks. I have Yet another bullet button question.
    We all know that per California law, our AR pattern rifles must use a tool to remove the magazine. So far the best way to do this has been with what has been termed a bullet button. (the end of a"bullet" or snap cap being the required tool). I recently saw a video in which the shooter had a metal stud attached to the middle finger of a glove he wore on his shooting hand. He use the studded glove as the "tool". At the risk of sounding stupid, the only clarification I can find is that the "tool" cannot be attached to the weapon. Now comes the part where I may make myself look like an idiot. While shooting, could the studded glove be construde as attached to the weapon?
    .308 Howa 1500, 24" heavy varmint barrel.
    .223 Howa 1500 24" heavy varmint barrel.
    RRA 20" predator pursute upper/C3 defense Lower.
    Vortex optics
  • #2
    killshot44
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2009
    • 4072

    No.

    Comment

    • #3
      dieselpower
      Banned
      • Jan 2009
      • 11471

      the shooter is the tool.... the rifle has a magazine that must be removed with a tool...

      Comment

      • #4
        Baconator
        Bacon makes it better
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Jan 2009
        • 9547

        Originally posted by dieselpower
        the shooter is the tool.... the rifle has a magazine that must be removed with a tool...
        Only if he is a mall ninja

        Comment

        • #5
          tomd1584
          Calguns Addict
          • Sep 2008
          • 5895

          Just remember that you don't HAVE to use a tool/Bullet button; there's always featureless.

          Comment

          • #6
            evidens83
            Calguns Addict
            • Apr 2009
            • 7839

            Originally posted by pappabacon
            Only if he is a mall ninja
            LMAO
            WTS 10/22 Lasermax laser CHEAP!!!

            Comment

            • #7
              idolized
              Junior Member
              • Jul 2011
              • 62

              I think by "attach" they mean in a more semi-permanent manner... so no just because your gloved hand is touching the gun it is not part of a gun. But anyways just get the ultimate bullet button tool, much more practical.

              Comment

              • #8
                P.Charm
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2011
                • 1522

                I am going to a piercing shop and have a metal stud embedded in my index finger so I can drop the mag with my "tool" have an appoinment today. yeah, I'm hardcore.
                sigpic

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1