Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

AR Upper Backorder: How Long?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • azl
    Junior Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 4

    AR Upper Backorder: How Long?

    Hi all, I've been waiting for a mid-length AR upper assembly to ship from a reputable vendor for two months. I see that mid-length uppers are backordered everywhere I look (at least the ones that aren't super-pricey).

    I was thinking I might have my AR assembled before summer, but now I'm wondering if I'll have it before winter. Anybody else on a long waiting list for an AR upper?

    If anybody has recently received an upper, what was your wait time?
  • #2
    missiontrails
    Calguns Addict
    • Nov 2008
    • 7879

    Don't take this the wrong way...... but I have gone through more uppers than you can imagine................ and I have NEVER waited for an upper......they are EVERYWHERE............................ that's justy crazy.

    Comment

    • #3
      BroncoBob
      Calguns Addict
      • Mar 2008
      • 6019

      Haven't had any issues except during the big Obama scare a couple years ago.
      sigpic
      NRA MEMBER

      Originally Posted by ar15barrels
      Unscrew the lid. There is a foil seal there.
      Pull the seal off and screw the lid back on.
      Then you can squeeze the mustard and it will come out of the bottle..

      Liberals are termites eating at the foundation of our constitution.
      Michael Reagan

      Comment

      • #4
        Cen Cal Gunner
        Member
        • May 2011
        • 229

        Who did you order it from so I know who not to order from?
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          762.DEFENSE
          Calguns Addict
          • Aug 2010
          • 6314

          Originally posted by BroncoBob
          Haven't had any issues except during the big Obama scare a couple years ago.
          +1

          Comment

          • #6
            evollep3
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 2008
            • 3074

            if you are looking for just a standard upper they are everywhere i just had 2 Armalites in midlength unless you are looking for like a new PWS upper like MK116 those are around 8 weeks so its not as bad as you think

            Comment

            • #7
              pyro3k2
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 2009
              • 2649

              Im selling my cmmg midlenght Hbar if interested.
              But I being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet. Tread softely, because you tread on my dreams.

              Comment

              • #8
                LeatherNuts
                Member
                • Jan 2011
                • 139

                I ordered a kit from someone on February 22nd and just recieved it Monday so I feel your pain. However, I found the reason for my wait to be that I upgraded the pistol grip and that specific peice was on backorder which held up the whole thing. I would call and see if maybe something like that could be your issue and try to downgrade.
                Do Not Demand What You Cannot Take By Force

                Comment

                • #9
                  evollep3
                  Veteran Member
                  • Sep 2008
                  • 3074

                  Originally posted by LeatherNuts
                  I ordered a kit from someone on February 22nd and just recieved it Monday so I feel your pain. However, I found the reason for my wait to be that I upgraded the pistol grip and that specific peice was on backorder which held up the whole thing. I would call and see if maybe something like that could be your issue and try to downgrade.
                  really? what pistol grip was it?

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    GMG
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 7974

                    Originally posted by BroncoBob
                    Haven't had any issues except during the big Obama scare a couple years ago.
                    Like BroncoBob said.

                    Nov. 2008 til June 2009 Thats how long I waited for two uppers.
                    sigpic

                    A member of The Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      LeatherNuts
                      Member
                      • Jan 2011
                      • 139

                      Originally posted by evollep3
                      really? what pistol grip was it?
                      Just an AR-15 Ambi Ergo. Nothing fancy, just backordered. (still)
                      Do Not Demand What You Cannot Take By Force

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        mlevans66
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Oct 2009
                        • 9516

                        Yeah I was looking at mid lengths a couple of months ago. A lot where on backorder. BCM, DD and I was eyeballin a Adams Arms middy and they where all a month or two wait. I got a BCM right when it got in stock. Try them out. They may have what you're looking for.
                        Here try this
                        Shop BCM 16" mid-length upper receiver groups. Factory assembled, HPT/MPI tested, and engineered for optimal gas dwell time and reliable performance.
                        Last edited by mlevans66; 05-25-2011, 3:40 PM.
                        The liberal see's the glass as half full and tries to take more.
                        The conservative see's glass as half empty and tries to keep it that way.
                        I'm with the people on the side just pouring water in the glass trying to get a drink!

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1