Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Charging Handle for AR...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Baga
    Member
    • Apr 2011
    • 367

    Charging Handle for AR...

    Sometimes I feel like the charging handle is a little difficult to pull and sometimes it doesn't feel like a smooth pull. What type of charging handle upgrade do you have on your AR or what do you recommend?
    "The list that never ends..."

    WTB: 9mm Carbine, preferably AR Type, PM me...
  • #2
    VacaDuck
    Member
    • Jan 2008
    • 329

    BCM Gunfighter, large latch.

    Comment

    • #3
      glock_this
      Calguns Addict
      • Dec 2005
      • 8225

      lube would likely help a lot before you go swapping a CH - not just the CH, but the BCG as well can take lots of lube
      10 +1 in the chamber

      Comment

      • #4
        prerunners4life
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2010
        • 1191

        Bcm mid or large latch

        Comment

        • #5
          jimmykan
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2008
          • 3103

          I like to lubricate the channel that the charging handle rides in with grease like Slide Glide or Weapon Shield Grease. I can get messy, but it definitely makes for a smooth pull.

          The advantage of an upgraded charging handle is usually increased durability and easy-unlatching with one hand or gloved finger. The pull will feel the same.

          Comment

          • #6
            IPSICK
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2005
            • 4259

            Originally posted by jimmykan
            I like to lubricate the channel that the charging handle rides in with grease like Slide Glide or Weapon Shield Grease. I can get messy, but it definitely makes for a smooth pull.

            The advantage of an upgraded charging handle is usually increased durability and easy-unlatching with one hand or gloved finger. The pull will feel the same.
            +1, I grease the charging handle also. It's the only thing I grease on my AR. Oil for everything else.
            "When you get the (men) to the range, you just get the men. But when you bring the (women) to the range, you get the (whole family). And that's what's going to save our 2nd Amendment."--Dianna Liedorff

            "Since self-preservation is the 1st law of nature, we assert the...right to self-defense. The Constitution...clearly affirms the right of every American...to bear arms. And as Americans, we will not give up a single right guaranteed under the Constitution." --Malcolm X

            Comment

            • #7
              Fate
              Calguns Addict
              • Apr 2006
              • 9545

              Originally posted by TomV
              ^^ Pretty much my preference too.
              sigpic "On bended knee is no way to be free." - Eddie Vedder, "Guaranteed"

              "Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." -Thomas Jefferson
              , in a letter to his nephew Peter Carr dated August 19, 1785

              Comment

              • #8
                tomd1584
                Calguns Addict
                • Sep 2008
                • 5895

                Originally posted by Baga
                Sometimes I feel like the charging handle is a little difficult to pull and sometimes it doesn't feel like a smooth pull. What type of charging handle upgrade do you have on your AR or what do you recommend?
                thats because there is a buffer and spring resisting it.

                If you want to upgade, the BCM is about the best. the LMT enhanced is a pretty good one too.

                Comment

                • #9
                  StrikeIndustries
                  Member
                  • Mar 2011
                  • 159

                  I personally use the PRI charging handle and I agree with everyone else, probably could use some good 'ol lube
                  Santa Ana, CA - www.strikeindustries.com / www.jtechgear.com
                  sigpic

                  Contact us at info@strikeindustries.com

                  Now available through Cheaper Than Dirt, OC Armory, Rifle Gear, LA Police Gear, Operator Outfitters, and LifeLines Adventure Gear.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    bohoki
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Jan 2006
                    • 20826

                    i suppose that is the only thing i dont like about the ar-15 it just kind of seems tacked on ive never broken one but they seem fragile to me

                    and i too feel the grittyness

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      NorCalDustin
                      Senior Member
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 1463

                      Use grease and it should become about as smooth as glass.
                      Originally posted by BannedinBritain
                      The only dumb question is the one you don't ask...and get arrested for later.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        762.DEFENSE
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Aug 2010
                        • 6314

                        Originally posted by VacaDuck
                        BCM Gunfighter, large latch.
                        +1

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Baga
                          Member
                          • Apr 2011
                          • 367

                          Thanks for all the replies. I'm going to try the grease first. And maybe change the charging handle to get a better ease of accessing the latch sometime later.
                          "The list that never ends..."

                          WTB: 9mm Carbine, preferably AR Type, PM me...

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Droppin Deuces
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Jan 2010
                            • 5969

                            I will say the same thing to you that I say to my brother everytime I pick up one of his guns. "You need to lube your s**t, dude."
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              JayBeeJay
                              Senior Member
                              • Feb 2010
                              • 583

                              BCM GunFighter Mod 3 or 4. PRI Gas Buster is nice as well for almost twice the price of the BCM. +1 for greasing the channel the CH rides in.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1