Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

AK Problem

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • smogcity
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2007
    • 1081

    AK Problem

    I've got a Mad-ox ak that i got second hand from a calgunner thats malfunctioning...When you pop off a round, if the trigger is held back when the action cycles it doesn't recock the hammer every other time or so. I don't want to bug james while he's recovering from back surgery so does anyone have any ideas?
  • #2
    PIRATE14
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • 3189

    Originally posted by smogcity
    I've got a Mad-ox ak that i got second hand from a calgunner thats malfunctioning...When you pop off a round, if the trigger is held back when the action cycles it doesn't recock the hammer every other time or so. I don't want to bug james while he's recovering from back surgery so does anyone have any ideas?
    I gotta say BS to this.........cause according to everyone here, the AK doesn't have problems......
    CHECKOUT...http://cwstactical.com FOR ALL YOUR CALIFORNIA LEGAL AR-AK-HK RIFLES and BUILDS...

    CWS....WE CAN GO HOT ANYTIME....

    CALIFORNICATION AT IT'S BEST...

    BRD....BLACK RIFLE DISEASE.......SPREAD IT!!!!!!!!!

    Comment

    • #3
      smogcity
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2007
      • 1081

      THATS WHAT I WAS SAYING! (along with a few F#*K's and Motherf*#kers for color)

      Comment

      • #4
        RaceDay
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2006
        • 1013

        I have the same issue (I think it is the same issue) about 10% of the time. Check out this website. I think it is hammer follow from tolerance stacking on the NDS-3 and G2 trigger group.

        Comment

        • #5
          Tweak338
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2006
          • 4076

          Originally posted by RaceDay
          I have the same issue (I think it is the same issue) about 10% of the time. Check out this website. I think it is hammer follow from tolerance stacking on the NDS-3 and G2 trigger group.
          http://www.nodakspud.com/troubleshooting.htm
          thats what I was thinking.

          Comment

          • #6
            thedrickel
            Calguns Addict
            • Apr 2006
            • 5581

            Take the top cover off and cycle the trigger group manually, you should be able to tell what the problem is. Check the disconnector spring. Is it a single or double-hook trigger? I'm guessing it's a single hook. Easiest fix is get a double hook and dremel the other slot.
            I hate people that are full of hate.

            It's not illegal to tip for PPT!

            Comment

            • #7
              smogcity
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2007
              • 1081

              Bingo...

              Originally posted by RaceDay
              I have the same issue (I think it is the same issue) about 10% of the time. Check out this website. I think it is hammer follow from tolerance stacking on the NDS-3 and G2 trigger group.
              http://www.nodakspud.com/troubleshooting.htm

              Now thats why i love calguns....in 15 minutes all your AK problems can be diagnosed

              I'll try the fix recomended and report back!

              Thanks

              Comment

              • #8
                WokMaster1
                Part time Emperor
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Mar 2006
                • 5436

                My AK's problem is that after each shot, the bolt does not move forward. Sticks right in the rear. Have to use a rubber mallet to release it. Any ideas? It's a Romy 'G' kit with an ITM receiver built by James. Don't want to bother him right now.
                "Good friends, good food & good wine. Anything else is just a waste of soy sauce.":)

                Comment

                • #9
                  Tweak338
                  Veteran Member
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 4076

                  Originally posted by WokMaster1
                  My AK's problem is that after each shot, the bolt does not move forward. Sticks right in the rear. Have to use a rubber mallet to release it. Any ideas? It's a Romy 'G' kit with an ITM receiver built by James. Don't want to bother him right now.
                  problem solved
                  honestly, no idea..

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    WokMaster1
                    Part time Emperor
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Mar 2006
                    • 5436

                    Originally posted by Tweak338
                    problem solved
                    honestly, no idea..
                    you're a funny man!
                    "Good friends, good food & good wine. Anything else is just a waste of soy sauce.":)

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      gn3hz3ku1*
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 2006
                      • 4276

                      AKs do not have problems it must be you

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        socalguns
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 1707

                        he doesn't have an AK, he's got a shoddy clone, mwah
                        "Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you."

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          smogcity
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2007
                          • 1081

                          AK question submited at 8:54 am
                          Solution offered at 9:08am
                          Dremel cooling off and AK running smooth at 10am
                          Nice start to the day!!

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Charliegone
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 6104

                            Originally posted by WokMaster1
                            My AK's problem is that after each shot, the bolt does not move forward. Sticks right in the rear. Have to use a rubber mallet to release it. Any ideas? It's a Romy 'G' kit with an ITM receiver built by James. Don't want to bother him right now.
                            My uncle had the same prob with the ITM receivers..you will need to probably grind the hammer down a bit. I had to do it a little bit on the Ewbanks receiver I build my on. Just make sure you DO NOT grind off too much...if it's not that..it's probably the rails (too wide or not straight) had something similar and made the rails smaller and works good now.


                            I will vote for a donkey-sex maniac if he's pro-gun.
                            -BWiese

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              oaklander
                              Banned
                              • May 2006
                              • 11095

                              Originally posted by PIRATE14
                              I gotta say BS to this.........cause according to everyone here, the AK doesn't have problems that a Dremel can't fix.
                              Fixed it for ya'

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1