Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Mini 14 question?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jtp0711
    Junior Member
    • Apr 2011
    • 5

    Mini 14 question?

    Hi, I have a question about my mini 14. Ive noticed some of the Mini14 rifles have a screw/bolt that goes through the stock right under the reciever and some do not. Mine does not have the screw/bolt through the stock. What is the purpose of the screw? Is it just a support for the stock? My rifle has a synthetic stock but ive seen some synthetic stocks with the screw and some without? thanks for your help.
  • #2
    bohoki
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jan 2006
    • 20826

    do you mean the screws that holds in the mag well framework

    Comment

    • #3
      dfletcher
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Dec 2006
      • 14810

      Originally posted by Jtp0711
      Hi, I have a question about my mini 14. Ive noticed some of the Mini14 rifles have a screw/bolt that goes through the stock right under the reciever and some do not. Mine does not have the screw/bolt through the stock. What is the purpose of the screw? Is it just a support for the stock? My rifle has a synthetic stock but ive seen some synthetic stocks with the screw and some without? thanks for your help.
      If you're talking about the screws on either side of the stock they are used to hold the receiver bracket in place. The rifle's receiver sets into the steel bracket and is locked in with the trigger guard. Alot of synthetic stocks, like the Hogue, don't use this set up. This set up is used in the Garand and M1A also.
      GOA Member & SAF Life Member

      Comment

      • #4
        Jtp0711
        Junior Member
        • Apr 2011
        • 5

        Thanks dfletcher. I couldnt figure out what those were for since my rifle doesnt have them.

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1